Im trying to figure out why Michigan State's pummelling will still have them in a 2 seed and they have nothing to worry about and yet im sitting here horrified for the ramifications of our loss. A ton of teams in the 4-6 slot have had crap losses, argh....

Purdue is just more athletic and it shows in this game. Any team looks better when the shots are falling. We just are not able to do it consistently as we have players who are either young and still developing or players just limited in their ability. Not enough upscale players and it shows.

That will change as the talent is coming. Enjoy this team for what it is. A bunch of overachievers who give it all they got, but when the shots are not falling, it can get ugly. Who would believe at the start of the year we are just discussing seeding rather than 'if' we make the dance. It's been a good year.

i agree. More than I expected. Like to win 2 more. Maybe the selection committee can watch this, but I'm done with this

Chet is the leader of this team, this loss means nothing. Sorry PU fans, had to give you a taste of your own medicine. If this drops the Illini to a 6/7, so be it...they are better off in that spot, imo...

Legion has a long way to go. At this point he really has to be one of the most overated players I have ever seen at Illinois in over 40 years of watching? He just looks lost. Hope it is all about a lack of PT?

How surprised was Nantz during the previous exchange.

"Oh!! uh... rebound by Tisdale. Wow. Huh. How about that?"

followed by...

"3 pointer by. well. Legion. Who'd figure"

How surprised was Nantz during the previous exchange.

"Oh!! uh... rebound by Tisdale. Wow. Huh. How about that?"

followed by...

"3 pointer by. well. Legion. Who'd figure"

That's why I've turned the sound off. :rolleyes

I remember when Chester was the most hated player on the boards. Now hes the most revered. If Legion was the guy running around saying how awesome legion was it would be one thing, but alot of fans built the hype around him. These last 2 scores we have had, hes the only one who came up and tried to press. Something I would never see McCamey do. He has a long ways to go, but at least hes trying...

And most everything else that isn't a wide-open jump shot, apparently

Legion's talent was so stunningly overrated coming into the season. I don't recall any other highly touted incoming Illini player who has performed so short of expectations (perhaps Keene?). Legion was expected to be one of our scoring leaders this season and it doesn't even seem like he belongs in D1 now. Granted he was a little behind given his late start, but I don't even think you can use that as an excuse anymore.