Sign in to follow this  
Tempo34

Las Vegas

You need to catch up on your newsletters.

Pretty funny that you think Chicago has stricter gun laws than anywhere else (or that that would matter).

IL actually has the 8th strictest gun laws in the United States. Hence me saying Chicago has “some of” the strictest in the nation. Doesn’t seem to be helping. It once did I say Chicago had/has stricter gun laws than anywhere else...Nowhere. So continue your crusade.

When someone does something like what happened in Las Vegas, gun laws aren’t exactly going to prevent such incidents. These types of people are going to do these types of things regardless of laws or restrictions. Obviously they didn’t seem to care about the law that your not suppose to kill people, so why expect them to follow the law on getting a gun.

Yeah, I mean the guy could have done just as much harm from the 32nd floor if he'd had a pile of bricks, right?

Wow you're dense lol. Move a little further to the left - but be careful, you might fall off of your pedestal!

Thoughts and prayers for the victims and their families.

Seriously though, security totally failed... guns and ammo are #$%&@!ing heavy, this guy probably had to make a dozen trips up and down in a relatively short period of time carrying really heavy bags to get all that crap up to that room

Seriously though, security totally failed... guns and ammo are #$%&@!ing heavy, this guy probably had to make a dozen trips up and down in a relatively short period of time carrying really heavy bags to get all that crap up to that room

Huh?! He could’ve had 1-3 suitcases that look just like ones you or I carry when traveling (and thousands of people going in and out of the Mandalay Bay hotel daily). Throw them on a luggage cart and go to your room. Why would “HE” particularly, or anyone else carrying bags for that matter, be “suspicious.”

Yeah, I mean the guy could have done just as much harm from the 32nd floor if he'd had a pile of bricks, right?

We should ban cars too. They kill a lot of people.

do you know how #$%&@!ing heavy that much ammunition is? And how long fully automatic rifle cases are?

Sure throw it all on a luggage cart and overload the elevator :lol:

Wait a minute, are you suggesting that a pile of bricks would have been less effective?

Wow you're dense lol. Move a little further to the left - but be careful, you might fall off of your pedestal!

Thoughts and prayers for the victims and their families.

I thoroughly agree with Judy, here.

Huh?! He could’ve had 1-3 suitcases that look just like ones you or I carry when traveling (and thousands of people going in and out of the Mandalay Bay hotel daily). Throw them on a luggage cart and go to your room. Why would “HE” particularly, or anyone else carrying bags for that matter, be “suspicious.”

**makes note to self**

Let me sum up the next 3 pages of this post:

But cars serve another purpose, guns only kill...

guns are used by thousands for sport...

then we should ban automatic weapons...

automatic weapons are already restricted...

he didn't even buy the guns legally what do we do about that...

ban all guns...

2nd amendment...

diatribe about what a "militia" is and "muskets, forefathers vision, etc."...

clearly he had mental health problems...

republicans never fund mental health solutions...

background checks, reasonable gun reform...

1st them come for our guns, next they come for blah blah...

well if we're banning guns we might as well ban cars, they kill more people...

Edit: throw in some "thoughts and prayers" followed by "god isn't real" and we've got a soup goin'

do you know how #$%&@!ing heavy that much ammunition is? And how long fully automatic rifle cases are?

Sure throw it all on a luggage cart and overload the elevator :lol:/>/>

Yes I am aware.

Here’s how he apparently got it up there. I didn’t realize how many guns he actually had up there, my bad. Says like 10 rifles...wow!

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/us/las-vegas-mass-shooting-weapons.html?referer=https://www.google.com/

and they need to be BIG BULLETS, he was shooting at a crowd over 500 yards away... with deadly force

big bullets are heavy AF and they say over 500 people got injured and at least 58 dead :eek/> he had to be shooting a very automatic rifle very fast

but yea I guess he was there for a few days so that explains it sort of

and they need to be BIG BULLETS, he was shooting at a crowd over 500 yards away... with deadly force

big bullets are heavy AF and they say over 500 people got injured and at least 58 dead :eek/>/> he had to be shooting a very automatic rifle very fast

but yea I guess he was there for a few days so that explains it sort of

The article I linked also said something about him modifying the automatic rifle so it could shoot faster.

I watched some of the live recorded videos and I wish I hadn’t. It literally made me nauseous and seemed so surreal. The people at the concert have to all be traumatized, because I am just watching and hearing some of it on my phone.

You people are well organized, I'll give you that.

IL actually has the 8th strictest gun laws in the United States.

Are you talking de facto or de jure, because de facto is irrelevant except in places like Joe Arpaio's Pima County, where the constitution is ignored with impunity.

And de jure, it's just a matter of time before a court tosses the latest attempt at restriction.

The Constitution says we're allowed to own guns, and also protects us from random searches. Murderers know this as well as anyone.

We can change the Constitution, tighten up import restrictions to keep illegal guns out, and wait a few decades for most of the illegal weapons currently in circulation to become lost or unserviceable, but there doesn't seem to be much political will to make this happen. What are the other options?

Let me sum up the next 3 pages of this post:

But cars serve another purpose, guns only kill...

guns are used by thousands for sport...

then we should ban automatic weapons...

automatic weapons are already restricted...

he didn't even buy the guns legally what do we do about that...

ban all guns...

2nd amendment...

diatribe about what a "militia" is and "muskets, forefathers vision, etc."...

clearly he had mental health problems...

republicans never fund mental health solutions...

background checks, reasonable gun reform...

1st them come for our guns, next they come for blah blah...

well if we're banning guns we might as well ban cars, they kill more people...

Edit: throw in some "thoughts and prayers" followed by "god isn't real" and we've got a soup goin'

:lol:

You people are well organized, I'll give you that.

Are you talking de facto or de jure, because de facto is irrelevant except in places like Joe Arpaio's Pima County, where the constitution is ignored with impunity.

And de jure, it's just a matter of time before a court tosses the latest attempt at restriction.

I’m talking actual facts.

But by all means, continue your crusade.....

I can’t believe “you people” :lol:

There seems to be some confusion, these days, about what "facts" means

Nice rebuttal :creeper/>

Comparative analyses and opinions might be well-grounded, or batsh!t crazy. They are never "facts."

Speaking of batshi!t crazy...A top legal executive at CBS, Hayley Geftman-Gold, posted on Facebook that she was "not even sympathetic" to shooting victims because "country music fans often are Republican gun toters.”

No matter what side you gravitate towards, that is utterly disgraceful and sad.