Sign in to follow this  
Breal31

Recruiting

Northwestern just got another 4* commit, SF Miller Kopp from Texas. Puts them up to the #7 class nationally. Obviously, they won't finish as the #7 class, but getting 4 top 150-ish guys to commit to Northwestern is pretty impressive. If Chrissy Collins keeps this up, I don't think he'll be at Northwestern very long.

Northwestern just got another 4* commit, SF Miller Kopp from Texas. Puts them up to the #7 class nationally. Obviously, they won't finish as the #7 class, but getting 4 top 150-ish guys to commit to Northwestern is pretty impressive. If Chrissy Collins keeps this up, I don't think he'll be at Northwestern very long.

You got to think CC would be one of the top guys for the Duke gig

I would bet that if Coach K has any say in naming his successor, CC is probably #1 on that list.

I would bet that if Coach K has any say in naming his successor, CC is probably #1 on that list.

There are actually NW fans out there that think Collins will turn down the Duke job to stay in Evanston.

There are actually NW fans out there that think Collins will turn down the Duke job to stay in Evanston.

There are actually Illini fans in here who think Bill Self would have turned down the KU job to stay in Champaign-Urbana; if only Ron Guenther hadn't effed it up.

There are actually Illini fans in here who think Bill Self would have turned down the KU job to stay in Champaign-Urbana; if only Ron Guenther hadn't effed it up.

In fact, I heard a story that said that Self went to Guenther and told him he had an offer from KU and that he would stay at Illinois if Guenther would match the offer, and Guenther flipped out and called him a traitor and told him to f*** off and enjoy Lawrence.

People seriously believe this.

In fact, I heard a story that said that Self went to Guenther and told him he had an offer from KU and that he would stay at Illinois if Guenther would match the offer, and Guenther flipped out and called him a traitor and told him to f*** off and enjoy Lawrence.

I heard a story that Coach K bought a house in Mahomet. I doubt many believe this anymore.

Edit: I think it's just as likely Self was trying to use Guenther to leverage more money from KU.

Castleton has scheduled his OV to UM for next weekend.

Beilein also had THT on campus today.

Castleton has scheduled his OV to UM for next weekend.

Beilein also had THT on campus today.

I think Florida is out for CC. Sounds like a Michigan/IL battle. Would be a tough one to lose with all the effort put in

I could actually see this. He is born and raised on the North Shore. So, it is his "home". He will never be under any pressure there. If he keeps recruiting like this, he will get it going there as he clearly has coaching aptitude. His father just moved back to the area and will have a no pressure job in Chicago with the most loyal owner in professional sports. Plus, that could be "his" job. No matter what he accomplishes if he left for Duke, that place will always be Mike Krzyzewski's place. He will always live in that shadow. Northwestern could be Chris Collins' place. Same exact thing I said about Bill Self when he left Illinois. If Chris is happy being "home" with his entire family around him and he is coaching in a top 2 conference and landing top level kids, why leave?

I do not believe that story for one second. Kansas had Bill Self at hello. Listen to him talk about his office on Naismith Drive at his HOF induction, and you know it to be true.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/bill-self-delivers-thoughtful-hall-of-fame-speech-thanking-players-coaches-and-family/

That story is a complete fabrication. I do not believe anyone that actually tries to pass that off, and any "source" is completely full of s*** if they say it happened.

I think Florida is out for CC. Sounds like a Michigan/IL battle. Would be a tough one to lose with all the effort put in

Agree. Losing him to Michigan would be bad. Florida? Not so much.

He has to be the clear choice. He's the only one from the K tree that's been better than mediocre in a power conference. Brey's the other, and I would think he's not in consideration because of age.

I could actually see this. He is born and raised on the North Shore. So, it is his "home". He will never be under any pressure there. If he keeps recruiting like this, he will get it going there as he clearly has coaching aptitude. His father just moved back to the area and will have a no pressure job in Chicago with the most loyal owner in professional sports. Plus, that could be "his" job. No matter what he accomplishes if he left for Duke, that place will always be Mike Krzyzewski's place. He will always live in that shadow. Northwestern could be Chris Collins' place. Same exact thing I said about Bill Self when he left Illinois. If Chris is happy being "home" with his entire family around him and he is coaching in a top 2 conference and landing top level kids, why leave?

But he's not landing top level kids. This is a great recruiting class by NU standards, and they have 2 guys in the 50-100 range and two guys in the 100-150 range. If he thinks he can start landing MCAA guys at NU, then that might change things. But who turns down Duke, especially when it's your alma mater?

You think Self regrets not staying at Illinois and making it "his place?"

why leave?

Because he would go from being the head coach of Northwestern... to the #$%&@!ing head coach of Duke

that's like going from being a AA Baseball hitting coach to managing the Yankees

were you dropped on your head as a child?

For me the biggest plus would be getting out of Chicagoland

Duke University is a different world, if you're not used to it... hooo boy it can be really strange

definitely not a place for your typical midwesterner

Duke University is a different world, if you're not used to it... hooo boy it can be really strange

Durham is cool though. Weird.... but cool. I think it's a lot like Madison - a hippie commune surrounded by a bunch of hillbillies. But with better BBQ.

University of New Jersey at Durham