Sign in to follow this  
JudgeJudy

THT on Illini unofficial visit today.

He's got good size for a guard. Shows some decent athleticism, although not elite in that regard, but good. His passing skills look very good. He's productive. Put up 26/14/4 against a nationally ranked opponent in an easy win. He looks like someone who can improve his athleticism with better training. I'm confident he'd get that here. Big, has handles, passing skills, reasonably athletic, Simeon. Sign me up.

Keep in mind, lack of people who can handle the ball has been a huge weakness of ours for years. Team him up with Smith and we could have a pretty effective 1-2 punch, with size. Sure they are great things to have but mind blowing athleticism and high rankings aren't everything. I'd be fine taking a "basketball player" from Simeon.

He looks good on tape vs smaller high schoolers but I have concerns how his game will translate to college where everyone is bigger and faster. In college he's a tweener. Not quick or athletic enough to be a 2 or 3 and not tall enough to be a 4. The Big Ten game could give him some problems guarding the quicker players and on offense he won't be able to bull rush smaller players to the hoop like he does in high school.

I don't think your concerns are unfounded. On the other hand,the kid has a great feel and understanding for the game that simply can't be taught. He has good size and length and a lot of versatility.

Physical maturation and time in a high major training regimen should address most of the main concerns I have about him. More than anything, the fact that the staff has prioritized him even before he started heating up on the AAU circuit makes me think he'll be an excellent piece in our system.

He looks good on tape vs smaller high schoolers but I have concerns how his game will translate to college where everyone is bigger and faster. In college he's a tweener. Not quick or athletic enough to be a 2 or 3 and not tall enough to be a 4. The Big Ten game could give him some problems guarding the quicker players and on offense he won't be able to bull rush smaller players to the hoop like he does in high school.

1) He has mutliple high D1 offers and three of those in BT, and is visiting OSU today.

2) You are fckign idiot as usual who knows nothing about basketball.

Go back to sifting through the garbage at the old Groce house. Maybe you will find a used ladder to put in mommy's basement by your bed.

I'm not sure there is actually a such thing as a "tweener" in college, as long as you have skills.

1) He has mutliple high D1 offers and three of those in BT, and is visiting OSU today.

Go back to sifting through the garbage at the old Groce house. Maybe you will find a used ladder to put in mommy's basement by your bed.

Will probably leave with an offer, as they hadn't yet. Visited Xavier yesterday & left there with an offer. THT will probably rise to a 4* after July AAU is completed, dontcha think?

I'm not sure there is actually a such thing as a "tweener" in college, as long as you have skills.

True, the game is changing from classically positional roles. Sure, it's great if you can construct a roster with a bunch of players perfectly suited for their "position," but the majority of rosters are not constructed like that these days.

Will probably leave with an offer, as they hadn't yet. Visited Xavier yesterday & left there with an offer. THT will probably rise to a 4* after July AAU is completed, dontcha think?

Oh I'm sure they will offer. I just really think kids are excited about Underwood and Illinois now that Groce is gone. Coach Underwood seems to "get it." He plays a great style and relates to today's players. Just saw an interview with him and he said Illinois lost its swagger and he's here to bring it back. That's a pretty awesome message! Think THT would fit in nicely here and he's on board.

What other B1G offers does he have? NU and Purdue I'm guessing...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow tizzy and Peoria chatting about positives all we need is mammydick to step in and share the love.

Insightful comments there. Thanks for sharing your opinions about his abilities. B)/> Can't tell, do you want this kid or are you just sitting on the fence waiting to complain one way or the other?

See Sergio McLain. I think he did alright in college. Kids get overpowered in college all of the time. Your comments are much more applicable to the pros.

Agree.

There are not traditional positions in the modern game.You have to have ball skills at the 1 through 4.

What other B1G offers does he have? NU and Purdue I'm guessing...

Yeah, and others now looking at him including OSU.Has several other power conference offers.

Mamador really, really, really gets under Lkdog's skin

Being Groce's little butt buddy all day is bad enough.Now he is nuthugging a complete slimeball convicted child abuser.

Plus he is possibly the stupidest poster regarding basketball on here which is hard to achieve.

He is basically one notch above the boner pill spam here.

Being Groce's little butt buddy all day is bad enough.Now he is nuthugging a complete slimeball convicted child abuser.

Plus he is possibly the stupidest poster regarding basketball on here which is hard to achieve.

What if mammydick IS the child abusing Schroat himself?! :hmm

Hey now, the boner pill guy is a very well respected and highly regarded member here, his contributions are immeasurable. B)

See Sergio McLain. I think he did alright in college. Kids get overpowered in college all of the time. Your comments are much more applicable to the pros.

Yes, and it's not like THT is going to stop lifting weights when he hits college.

Hey now, the boner pill guy is a very well respected and highly regarded member here, his contributions are immeasurable. cool.gif

My bad. Did not mean to disrespect the boner pill ad guy. LOL.mrgreen.gif

My bad. Did not mean to disrespect the boner pill ad guy. LOL.mrgreen.gif

The Russian knock-off handbag guy is very unreliable though. I've had to carry around my Canadian boner pills in my pocket for months. Sometimes I forget and leave a couple in there when I do laundry, that's a good $0.50 down the drain.

Or Lenzelle Smith. Plus, Talen Horton-Tucker is more skilled than McClain.

Hey now, the boner pill guy is a very well respected and highly regarded member here, his contributions are immeasurable. B)/>

The Led Zep download guys will not be ignored.