Sign in to follow this  
ILLINIAJ

Matta Done?

Looks like McDermott played tOSU for a raise and/or extension.

Personally, I don't think the Buckeyes job is nearly as great as many seem to suggest. So far, it seems that the coaching fraternity feels the same way.

I'll take Underwood at his word and believe what he said about this being his dream job. All facts and evidence point to my stance as correct because it actually happened. You're basing yours off a hypothetical and just assuming that he would've been interested in OSU if they had an opening and would've reached out to them. You don't know that to be true, no matter how you spin it.

Of course I never claimed it to be true. I acknowledged a possibility. Do you understand the difference?

As for facts and evidence, Werner says Whitman reached out. BReal says Underwood himself said he contacted some other schools. Doesn't seem like there's a real firm consensus as to what "the facts" really are.

Of course I never claimed it to be true. I acknowledged a possibility. Do you understand the difference?

As for facts and evidence, Werner says Whitman reached out. BReal says Underwood himself said he contacted some other schools. Doesn't seem like there's a real firm consensus as to what "the facts" really are.

Round and round we go....

You're stating he would've reached out to OSU and "don't even see that as being controversial." That is an assumption, yes. Not acknowledging a possibility.

Do YOU see the difference?!

My dream job is one that is offering a lot more money than my current job. I have not had a chance to turn down tOSU yet, so I think the number of people than have turned it down could possibly be exaggerated.

Round and round we go....

You're stating he would've reached out to OSU and "don't even see that as being controversial." That is an assumption, yes. Not acknowledging a possibility.

I absolutely did not.

Do YOU see the difference?!

I see the difference between what I said and what you seem to think I said.

You know what happens when you assume, right?

You make and ass out of... everyone who just read the last 3 pages, which is me.

How about those "big boys" at O$U?! :lol:

You know what happens when you assume, right?

You make and ass out of... everyone who just read the last 3 pages, which is me.

This whole thing began with my posts and yet I have more interest (which is exactly none) in discussing which bathroom Rob will use when he first attends a basketball game in North Carolina than I do in going back and forth about whether Coach Underwood would have ended up our coach had the Ohio State job been available at the time. Maybe he would have reached out to them or maybe he wouldn't have. Maybe they would have been interested or maybe they wouldn't have. Maybe they would have hired Archie and he would have ended up at Indiana or maybe he would have simply chosen us over both IU and OSU regardless of any interest they might have had. The point was we really don't know if Ohio State would have had any better success in their hiring had they entered the market at the normal time for such coaching changes. It may be that they'll end up with the exact coach that they would have ended up with had they fired Matta at the end of the season but since we know neither who they would have gotten nor who they will, in fact, end up with there is really no way to say.

This whole thing began with my posts and yet I have more interest (which is exactly none) in discussing which bathroom Rob will use when he first attends a basketball game in North Carolina than I do in going back and forth about whether Coach Underwood would have ended up our coach had the Ohio State job been available at the time. Maybe he would have reached out to them or maybe he wouldn't have. Maybe they would have been interested or maybe they wouldn't have. Maybe they would have hired Archie and he would have ended up at Indiana or maybe he would have simply chosen us over both IU and OSU regardless of any interest they might have had. The point was we really don't know if Ohio State would have had any better success in their hiring had they entered the market at the normal time for such coaching changes. It may be that they'll end up with the exact coach that they would have ended up with had they fired Matta at the end of the season but since we know neither who they would have gotten nor who they will, in fact, end up with there is really no way to say.

+ fyucking 1

I'm sorry, this one was my bad.

I accept blame as well, sorry guys.

Now which bathroom will Rob use when attending his first game in NC?! :lol:

Now which bathroom will Rob use when attending his first game in NC?! :lol:/>

I expect he'll use the Billy Packer statue.

Now which bathroom will Rob use when attending his first game in NC?! :lol:/>

Rob will use that cool new bathroom you haven't heard about yet. The one with sad music playing that roasts their own beans and everyone is wearing ironic t-shirts.

How about those "big boys" at O$U?! :lol:/>

sounds like OSU fudged this one up, it's not like Matta didn't have the same health issues back in April when they could have found a competent coach.

sounds like OSU fudged this one up, it's not like Matta didn't have the same health issues back in April when they could have found a competent coach.

anyone got some Kleenex to soak up my tears being shed for O$U?

It seems odd that you'd claim to work within the mental health industry and then make crass jokes about victims of sexual assignment incongruities.

Now which bathroom will Rob use when attending his first game in NC?! :lol:/>/>/>

Not that odd, though.

It seems odd that you'd claim to work within the mental health industry and then make crass jokes about victims of sexual assignment incongruities.

Not that odd, though.

Oh shut up, you're a little girl. Take your PC somewhere else. I'm not making jokes about anybody else, just you.

So you're saying you a victim of not being able to use the bathroom you prefer?

That's an odd remark too. I'm twice your size.

Oh shut up, you're a little girl. Take your PC somewhere else. I'm not making jokes about anybody else, just you.

And while some anonymous online trolls have occasionally suggested I'm metrosexual, you're downright effeminate.

What's your angle here?

That's an odd remark too. I'm twice your size.

And while some anonymous online trolls have occasionally suggested I'm metrosexual, you're downright effeminate.

What's your angle here?

Sounds like somebody is jealous :lol:

Guenther Jr is going to see how a big boy program hires a coach

So a big boy program offers a job to a mid major coach who was a failure at a middle tier P5 program and gets turned down cold?

Thank goodness Whitman isn't running a big boy program.