Sign in to follow this  
rob mccolley

Kamau Bell on Fresh Air

Oh, sorry. I meant to post this in the Deuce.

But, as long as it's here, does anyone have an interesting picture of a chair?

Probably. Would be good for me.

The chair or the ban? :lol:

Ok let's agree to just let the other stuff go and back to enjoying the board, agree?

Mazda3

#$%&@!in hipsters listening to NPR!!!

Unless you were in a cab, then its understandable

Dude, I worked for NPR.

I think we need a new word in the English language. When you use the same word to describe touching a girl's hair because it looks different from yours (with no ill intent) as you use to describe systematically oppressing people for centuries, lynching, and marching people off to concentration camps and gas chambers, the word has lost the meaning and impact it should have.

Drone Rob - you should be listening to my show instead of NPR. On today's show: Eddie Olczyk talkin' pucks; Sam Amick from USA Today talkin' NBA hoops and Anthony Lynn, new SD/LA Chargers head man. Plus smack talk galore.

Van Smack is out!

I think we need a new word in the English language. When you use the same word to describe touching a girl's hair because it looks different from yours (with no ill intent) as you use to describe systematically oppressing people for centuries, lynching, and marching people off to concentration camps and gas chambers, the word has lost the meaning and impact it should have.

I agree. Would something like this be considered a "microaggression?"

I should have prefaced that with a trigger warning for the anti-PC snowflakes ;)

What a douche he clearly thinks the exception proves the rule. Has nothing even remotely insightful to say and doesn't realize he comes across like a racist.

PS he spends three quarters of the interview portraying himself as a victim of everyone!

I should have prefaced that with a trigger warning for the anti-PC snowflakes ;)

Trigger warnings are for beta cucks.

I should have prefaced that with a trigger warning for the anti-PC snowflakes ;)/>

It's the ultimate in snowflakish to believe that there is a war against white Christians (particularly male), and Christmas.

Dude, I worked for NPR.

Good'ole super "liberal," keepin-it-real, no-sellout NPR. The same who refused to call torture torture. They were all about the "enhanced interrogation."

NPR can take a seat on that chair and turn it up to 11.

He said schoolmates touching his daughters hair is racism.

I don't know who that is and I didn't listen to the thing but it isn't the most unreasonable suggestion. Unless his daughter and her classmates are just kids. If he thinks that's bad - go to China, be not Han Chinese, have hair in places they don't, suffer many many of them coming up to you to pet you. Lots of unwanted touching going on there.

It is racism. But, worse, it's just plain weird and unsettling.

I don't know who that is

You know how Comedy Central has had a few success stories and a long line of half-amusing people who get peddled as something way bigger than they are, and they mostly wind up back on the comedy circuit or guesting on 2nd-rate talk and game shows?

W. Kamau Bell is in the latter camp.

This is the reason it's best to consume & consider the content before applying an opinion to it.

Unless his daughter and her classmates are just kids.