Sign in to follow this  
G1n_And_Ju1ce

Illini are offering everyone

We are going to look back in a couple/ few years and say there isn't one guy on the 16/17 roster that could start on the current team! Take it to the bank!

I love what they are doing.

We are going to look back in a couple/ few years and say there isn't one guy on the 16/17 roster that could start on the current team! Take it to the bank!

I don't mind it either...the last two coaching staffs didn't have the nuts or the stroke to do what this coaching staff is doing. But again, until actual results, I'll reserve comment.

I don't mind it either...the last two coaching staffs didn't have the nuts or the stroke to do what this coaching staff is doing. But again, until actual results, I'll reserve comment.

Interesting metaphor.

Agree. Know what you are looking for. Cast a wide net. Never get left holding the bag. Smart approach.

Agree. I will reserve comment for the results as well.

I still love the national wide net approach though. You never know if a kid would be interested if you never offer. In order to win the battle, you have to be involved in the fight. Groce did fairly well with kids like Colbert, Black, Snider, JCL, and Frazier when he tried. Underwood clearly intends to be more aggressive on that front. I love that already! He will lose more battles than he will win, but he will not lose them all. That's for sure.

Agree. I will reserve comment for the results as well.

I still love the national wide net approach though. You never know if a kid would be interested if you never offer. In order to win the battle, you have to be involved in the fight. Groce did fairly well with kids like Colbert, Black, Snider, JCL, and Frazier when he tried. Underwood clearly intends to be more aggressive on that front. I love that already! He will lose more battles than he will win, but he will not lose them all. That's for sure.

New staff and seasoned recruiters, now all we have to do is wait and see how well the coach communicates his supposed (according to his mentors) game plan both on offense and defense. Because I think that was Groces biggest down fall. COMMUNCATION

Meh, 9 Lives offered a ton of players his first couple of yrs too. I like who Underwood is going after though

I think the staff BU has is more sophisticated. Hopefully they have better results.

Meh, 9 Lives offered a ton of players his first couple of yrs too. I like who Underwood is going after though

Orlando Antigua vs. Dustin Ford

who you got? :lol:

Wonder why Illinois isn't offering this 6'9" Zhang from La Lu for 2017. He's Chinese and would fit right in coming to the U of I.

Wonder why Illinois isn't offering this 6'9" Zhang from La Lu for 2017. He's Chinese and would fit right in coming to the U of I.

We could get the football guys to do bball games too???

We could get the football guys to do bball games too???

Heck yeah! One hell of a pitch to the guy having his games broadcast in Mandrin!

Hey, that's no joke. We should be talking to him if we aren't already. I'd not heard of him but even if he is considered a project it would be worth the scholly. Talk about opening up a huge market. Not for future talent necessarily but in terms of money and recognition....whew. The Chinese follow their sports figures. They worship Yao Ming and went bat#$%&@! over Jeremy Lin and he's an American.

Kevin Zhang. Apparently he already has interest from LSU and Stanford.

Duh, I provided the link.....

And btw I don't have a subscription or have to pay for that either. They put these articles on my Facebook that I'm able to read for some reason. It's not stolen if I was provided it for free and provided a link as well. Where do you think people post articles from on here?

Although I will concede to you being a journalist and all. Is what I'm doing illegal in any way? If it is, I'll be more than happy to refrain from doing it again Rob.