Sign in to follow this  
All Powerful Truth

I declare Josh Whitman's first year on the job a FAILURE

Any rebuttals?

Let's start with:

Decision #1. Fire Cubit. Give Lovie Smith a billion $$$s. This was done in an effort to salvage recruiting since Cubit was on a 2 year contract. Recruiting still sucked. New coach, selling new atmosphere, and it disappointed heavily. A lazy staff, not knowing the proper ways to recruit since very few of them had experience, and you come out of that decision with a class that frankly Bill Cubit could have recruited. 2018 has not started any better either. Then you go to the on-field performance, which again was complete trash. A team full of seniors, upperclassmen, used to one system, and they fall flat on their face. So what was gained by Decision #1? I would say the only positives were short term ticket sales. That was a bump. Other than that, this was a decision that proved very costly, with minimal if any positive returns so far. Whitman could have landed PJ Fleck, and instead he's going to watch Fleck turn around Minnesota while Lovie collects on early retirement checks. Really poorly thought out. And not surprising, because Whitman coming from a D3 school - had very few connects. And Ron Turner finding him an out of work NFL coach with no job prospects was not genius. It was lazy.

Decision #2 Retain John Groce in 2016.: This one, there was no reason for it at all. Everyone knew John Groce was an awful basketball coach in 2016. Most knew it before that. Somehow, Groce convinced his bald bro Whitman that he was some magical recruiter that could land an amazing class, and thus long-term it would be a good decision to hold on to him. What happened? Complete failure. You get Tilmon, so it starts out that maybe this is ok. But then you lose Jordan Goodwin. And you have a terrible season on the court. And while Mark Smith blows up, you basically ignore him and don't lock him up soon enough either. Then Groce is fired but Walker's retained to keep the recruiting class. And you still lose Tilmon and Pickett. You essentially go 0/4 on downstate talent. Down freaking state. All the while, the only rationale for keeping Groce, was recruiting. And you go 0/4 on downstate. South of freaking I70 lol... And you wind up hiring Brad Underwood, who could have easily been hired in 2016 if you'd just fired Groce then. You would up with a guy that you could have had last year. The only reason he went to Illinois was Whitman gave him a $2mil raise. That could have happened March 2016. So Whitman essentially took a bad gamble on Groce, and it cost Illinois at least 1 season of basketball, and potentially a few more seasons because it's difficult at a school like Illinois to miss on 3 great players downstate (Smith, Goodwin, Tilmon) and still put together a good roster for the future.

Decision #3. Let Kevin Hambly go to Stanford.: This is just flat out incompetence. If you have one of your most successful coaches get a job offer from a better school, then you do what it takes to up his pay and keep him here. He was making, what $180,000? You can't up that salary? Really?

Decision #4 Fire Bollant and hire Tina Fey.. Firing Bollant was correct. Giving Fahey, who again is just a woman Whitman knows from his past - at a D3 level school - is simply lazy hiring. And the worst part is he gave her $500,000 a year. Are you kidding me? You can't pay Hambly what he deserves, but you give the women's coach $500,000? Volleyball actually has fans that go to their games.

Decision #5 - The "We Will Win" Slogan: On one hand, this is a great way for Whitman to remove himself from any judgments or expectations of the fan base. You're always in a state of looking forward to something, and never judging things for how they are today. It's almost like "wait til next year" for the Cubs. I don't know who buys into it, but it's going to really fall flat when Illinois is awful for the next 3 years at least in football and basketball.

So upon further review, Whitman is basically another John Groce. Hired for a job he wasn't qualified for. Comes in, all slogan-y and bald. Making proclamations. But when you look at what he actually did, it was a very bad 1st year.

And he's basically tied himself to Lovie (who will fail), and Underwood (who could have gotten off to a great start if he'd been hired in 2016 - but now is so far behind that it'll be years before Illinois is relevant under him).

Rebuttals?

Bump this in a few years, because i've spoken. And I'm never wrong.

Any rebuttals?

Let's start with:

Decision #1. Fire Cubit. Give Lovie Smith a billion $$$s. This was done in an effort to salvage recruiting since Cubit was on a 2 year contract. Recruiting still sucked. New coach, selling new atmosphere, and it disappointed heavily. A lazy staff, not knowing the proper ways to recruit since very few of them had experience, and you come out of that decision with a class that frankly Bill Cubit could have recruited. 2018 has not started any better either. Then you go to the on-field performance, which again was complete trash. A team full of seniors, upperclassmen, used to one system, and they fall flat on their face. So what was gained by Decision #1? I would say the only positives were short term ticket sales. That was a bump. Other than that, this was a decision that proved very costly, with minimal if any positive returns so far. Whitman could have landed PJ Fleck, and instead he's going to watch Fleck turn around Minnesota while Lovie collects on early retirement checks. Really poorly thought out. And not surprising, because Whitman coming from a D3 school - had very few connects. And Ron Turner finding him an out of work NFL coach with no job prospects was not genius. It was lazy.

Decision #2 Retain John Groce in 2016.: This one, there was no reason for it at all. Everyone knew John Groce was an awful basketball coach in 2016. Most knew it before that. Somehow, Groce convinced his bald bro Whitman that he was some magical recruiter that could land an amazing class, and thus long-term it would be a good decision to hold on to him. What happened? Complete failure. You get Tilmon, so it starts out that maybe this is ok. But then you lose Jordan Goodwin. And you have a terrible season on the court. And while Mark Smith blows up, you basically ignore him and don't lock him up soon enough either. Then Groce is fired but Walker's retained to keep the recruiting class. And you still lose Tilmon and Pickett. You essentially go 0/4 on downstate talent. Down freaking state. All the while, the only rationale for keeping Groce, was recruiting. And you go 0/4 on downstate. South of freaking I70 lol... And you wind up hiring Brad Underwood, who could have easily been hired in 2016 if you'd just fired Groce then. You would up with a guy that you could have had last year. The only reason he went to Illinois was Whitman gave him a $2mil raise. That could have happened March 2016. So Whitman essentially took a bad gamble on Groce, and it cost Illinois at least 1 season of basketball, and potentially a few more seasons because it's difficult at a school like Illinois to miss on 3 great players downstate (Smith, Goodwin, Tilmon) and still put together a good roster for the future.

Decision #3. Let Kevin Hambly go to Stanford.: This is just flat out incompetence. If you have one of your most successful coaches get a job offer from a better school, then you do what it takes to up his pay and keep him here. He was making, what $180,000? You can't up that salary? Really?

Decision #4 Fire Bollant and hire Tina Fey.. Firing Bollant was correct. Giving Fahey, who again is just a woman Whitman knows from his past - at a D3 level school - is simply lazy hiring. And the worst part is he gave her $500,000 a year. Are you kidding me? You can't pay Hambly what he deserves, but you give the women's coach $500,000? Volleyball actually has fans that go to their games.

Decision #5 - The "We Will Win" Slogan: On one hand, this is a great way for Whitman to remove himself from any judgments or expectations of the fan base. You're always in a state of looking forward to something, and never judging things for how they are today. It's almost like "wait til next year" for the Cubs. I don't know who buys into it, but it's going to really fall flat when Illinois is awful for the next 3 years at least in football and basketball.

So upon further review, Whitman is basically another John Groce. Hired for a job he wasn't qualified for. Comes in, all slogan-y and bald. Making proclamations. But when you look at what he actually did, it was a very bad 1st year.

And he's basically tied himself to Lovie (who will fail), and Underwood (who could have gotten off to a great start if he'd been hired in 2016 - but now is so far behind that it'll be years before Illinois is relevant under him).

Rebuttals?

Welcome back, Truth! We've missed you about as much as we've missed seeing a picture of blue waffles.

Just remember, it takes a village ... not a village idiot.

We now return you to your mom's basement, already in progress.

when your talking to your daughter and you feel that poo poo water, diarrhea, diarrhea

when you running from police and you feel that anal grease, diarrhea, diarrhea

when you're running down the track and feel it running down your crack, diarrhea, diarrhea

when you're rolling' like a tire, cuz your intestines are on fire, diarrhea, diarrhea

when the feeling's not that nice, and you have to flush it twice, diarrhea, diarrhea

when you're on the seat for hours, and it doesn't smell like flowers, diarrhea, diarrhea

when your stomach starts a rollin', and you're cleaning out your colon, diarrhea, diarrhea

when toilet paper you need to gather, cuz your butt worked up a lather, diarrhea, diarrhea

when you think you're feeling better, but you keep on getting wetter, diarrhea, diarrhea

if you think your friends are jokin', but your pants are brown and soakin', diarrhea, diarrhea

it's hard to make a rhyme, when you're crapping all the time, diarrhea, diarrhea

you are the nervous groom, and you make a fecal bloom, diarrhea, diarrhea

you smell just like a hog, as you make some liquid log, diarrhea, diarrhea

you don't feel like a winner, when your butt blows out your dinner, diarrhea, diarrhea

you really want to shout, as it keeps on dripping out, diarrhea, diarrhea

you're sitting on the pot, cuz it's coming out a lot, diarrhea, diarrhea

it's sounds just like a horn, as your butt pops out some corn, diarrhea, diarrhea

you're there in the huddle, and you're standing in a puddle, diarrhea, diarrhea

you just made a tackle, and it splattered out like spackle, diarrhea, diarrhea

you're going out for a pass, and it blows right out your ass, diarrhea, diarrhea

when you're shopping at the store, and it's dripping on the floor, diarrhea, diarrhea

you're acting like a fool, and your pants fill up with stool, diarrhea, diarrhea

you really want to play, but your butt begins to spray, diarrhea, diarrhea

you know you're having trouble, when your butt begins to bubble, diarrhea, diarrhea

that's the way it goes, when your butt thinks it's a hose, diarrhea, diarrhea

if you're feeling kinda funky, cuz your butt is kinda skunky, diarrhea, diarrhea

if you think you hear it raining, perhaps your butt is draining, diarrhea, diarrhea

if you're swimming in a pool, and you leave a trail of stool, diarrhea, diarrhea

when your stomach's really hurting, and your butt it starts a squirting, diarrhea, diarrhea

you're running really fast, cuz it's squirting out your ass, diarrhea, diarrhea

if your butt's about to spew, and there's nothing you can do, diarrhea, diarrhea

your stomach's feeling wavy, while your butt is making gravy, diarrhea, diarrhea

you feel you need to scream, cuz your butt spews out a cream, diarrhea, diarrhea

your fun begins to fizzle, cuz you feel it start to drizzle, diarrhea, diarrhea

you think you're gonna fart, but you blow your pants apart, diarrhea, diarrhea

Toward a toilet you make haste, and you're oozing liquid waste, diarrhea, diarrhea

it's really flowing loose, like it's running through a goose, diarrhea, diarrhea

when you're shopping at the store, and it's dripping on the floor, diarrhea, diarrhea

When you've got pain in your belly, And you make some liquid smelly, diarrhea, diarrhea

When your laying on your bed, and it smells like something's dead, diarrhea, diarrhea

you're blowing out your grommet, and the smell makes you vomit, diarrhea, diarrhea

when your red in the face, splatter #$%&@! with careful grace, diarrhea, diarrhea

When you're eatin' some Chinese, And your ass begins to sneeze, diarrhea, diarrhea

When you feel a li'l loopy, and your ass starts feeling soupy, diarrhea, diarrhea

When your colon starts to swell, and your butt's not doing well, diarrhea, diarrhea

No rebuttals in this thread? Exactly what I thought. The pure, 100% truth. You can't refute it. You people should be thanking me. If you'd been listening to me for years, you wouldn't be gullible Illini fans now. You'd be winners. You'd have probably moved on to another team to root for. You'd be smart. You'd be no nonsense. This board wouldn't have been cluttered with false hopes. It'd be simply a board filled with people that demand winning, and know what it takes to win, and don't settle for anything less.

I gave up hope on Illini athletics a long long long time ago. And a fraud like Whitman, I'm telling you now he's empty. He's just spending more money. That's it. He can talk in public. Wow. So can I. And you'd be better off sending your IFUND donations directly to me, because I'll actually give you a return on your $$$. Not false hopes.

when your talking to your daughter and you feel that poo poo water, diarrhea, diarrhea

when you running from police and you feel that anal grease, diarrhea, diarrhea

when you're running down the track and feel it running down your crack, diarrhea, diarrhea

when you're rolling' like a tire, cuz your intestines are on fire, diarrhea, diarrhea

when the feeling's not that nice, and you have to flush it twice, diarrhea, diarrhea

when you're on the seat for hours, and it doesn't smell like flowers, diarrhea, diarrhea

when your stomach starts a rollin', and you're cleaning out your colon, diarrhea, diarrhea

when toilet paper you need to gather, cuz your butt worked up a lather, diarrhea, diarrhea

when you think you're feeling better, but you keep on getting wetter, diarrhea, diarrhea

if you think your friends are jokin', but your pants are brown and soakin', diarrhea, diarrhea

it's hard to make a rhyme, when you're crapping all the time, diarrhea, diarrhea

you are the nervous groom, and you make a fecal bloom, diarrhea, diarrhea

you smell just like a hog, as you make some liquid log, diarrhea, diarrhea

you don't feel like a winner, when your butt blows out your dinner, diarrhea, diarrhea

you really want to shout, as it keeps on dripping out, diarrhea, diarrhea

you're sitting on the pot, cuz it's coming out a lot, diarrhea, diarrhea

it's sounds just like a horn, as your butt pops out some corn, diarrhea, diarrhea

you're there in the huddle, and you're standing in a puddle, diarrhea, diarrhea

you just made a tackle, and it splattered out like spackle, diarrhea, diarrhea

you're going out for a pass, and it blows right out your ass, diarrhea, diarrhea

you're acting like a fool, and your pants fill up with stool, diarrhea, diarrhea

you really want to play, but your butt begins to spray, diarrhea, diarrhea

you know you're having trouble, when your butt begins to bubble, diarrhea, diarrhea

that's the way it goes, when your butt thinks it's a hose, diarrhea, diarrhea

if you're feeling kinda funky, cuz your butt is kinda skunky, diarrhea, diarrhea

if you think you hear it raining, perhaps your butt is draining, diarrhea, diarrhea

if you're swimming in a pool, and you leave a trail of stool, diarrhea, diarrhea

when your stomach's really hurting, and your butt it starts a squirting, diarrhea, diarrhea

you're running really fast, cuz it's squirting out your ass, diarrhea, diarrhea

if your butt's about to spew, and there's nothing you can do, diarrhea, diarrhea

your stomach's feeling wavy, while your butt is making gravy, diarrhea, diarrhea

you feel you need to scream, cuz your butt spews out a cream, diarrhea, diarrhea

your fun begins to fizzle, cuz you feel it start to drizzle, diarrhea, diarrhea

you think you're gonna fart, but you blow your pants apart, diarrhea, diarrhea

Toward a toilet you make haste, and you're oozing liquid waste, diarrhea, diarrhea

it's really flowing loose, like it's running through a goose, diarrhea, diarrhea

When you've got pain in your belly, And you make some liquid smelly, diarrhea, diarrhea

When your laying on your bed, and it smells like something's dead, diarrhea, diarrhea

you're blowing out your grommet, and the smell makes you vomit, diarrhea, diarrhea

when your red in the face, splatter #$%&@! with careful grace, diarrhea, diarrhea

When you're eatin' some Chinese, And your ass begins to sneeze, diarrhea, diarrhea

When you feel a li'l loopy, and your ass starts feeling soupy, diarrhea, diarrhea

When your colon starts to swell, and your butt's not doing well, diarrhea, diarrhea

Or as Truth calls it, The Pledge of Allegiance.

No rebuttals in this thread? Exactly what I thought. The pure, 100% truth. You can't refute it. You people should be thanking me. If you'd been listening to me for years, you wouldn't be gullible Illini fans now. You'd be winners. You'd have probably moved on to another team to root for. You'd be smart. You'd be no nonsense. This board wouldn't have been cluttered with false hopes. It'd be simply a board filled with people that demand winning, and know what it takes to win, and don't settle for anything less.

I gave up hope on Illini athletics a long long long time ago. And a fraud like Whitman, I'm telling you now he's empty. He's just spending more money. That's it. He can talk in public. Wow. So can I. And you'd be better off sending your IFUND donations directly to me, because I'll actually give you a return on your $$$. Not false hopes.

Village Idiot.

If you gave up, I question your decision to waste your time posting here. That decision seems to conflict with how smart you profess to be.

He gave up on Illini athletics just like he gave up watching unsuspecting females from the bushes. Lulz.

Maybe he'll tell us what he really thinks of Lovie and his staff....

Hi, Truth! Odds are you are right, but you could make a mint betting against Illini athletics so you're not really going out on a limb. Hope you had a Happy Easter.

What bands do you like?

Hi, Truth! Odds are you are right, but you could make a mint betting against Illini athletics so you're not really going out on a limb. Hope you had a Happy Easter.

What bands do you like?

It's obvious that truth is a New Kids on the Block and Back Street Boys fan..Mixed in with a little O-Town.

I'm glad Truth is back. It means he is worried that Illinois is about to become relevant again.

It's obvious that truth is a New Kids on the Block and Back Street Boys fan..Mixed in with a little O-Town.

I'm glad Truth is back. It means he is worried that Illinois is about to become relevant again.

He never left. Just trolls different boards.

Any rebuttals?

Let's start with:

Rebuttals?

You're wrong with the Football. The Football for the most part will always suck and we make a New Years Six Bowl once about every 10 years, so we're due in that regard. Lovie has recruiting on the uptick and that team was going nowhere last season anyways. Did it look worse at times then it probably should have? Yes, but this is Illinois Football. It's either really good or it really sucks and rarely is there an in-between time period.

Don't have an issue with your John Groce story. He should have been fired last year and especially since you got a guy who was for all intensive purposes available last year as well. I also believe that Whitman gave JG the year to see it out and that it was NCAA's or else and I believe that we were literally a Rutgers or a Rutgers and Michigan wins away from still having John Groce as coach.

As for Hambly, it's Volleyball son. Nobody gives a crap. A bunch of Sweet Sixteens and one Runner up finish in Volleyball is one big fat whoopty-do. I would have let Hambly walk as well.

Have no problem with the Fahey hire even though I don't give two craps about Women's basketball. She's a career winner. Will that translate to Div I? Does it really matter? It's Illinois Womens basketball and they haven't been relevant in years. Was she Overpaid? Probably...

As for the "We Will Win" slogan, I will agree that it's tacky. It's as if we're desperate. But again, that's how far we've fallen since 2005 and two crap coaches later. We're now down to corny cliche's...

For me to say I didn't see this coming would be one big fat lie.

I did laugh at one of his points being about women's basketball. You got a problem with the chess team? Maybe there's something about the frisbee team that's not up to your standards?

For me to say I didn't see this coming would be one big fat lie.

I did laugh at one of his points being about women's basketball. You got a problem with the chess team? Maybe there's something about the frisbee team that's not up to your standards?

I don't have a problem with hiring Fahey. I have a problem with paying her $500,000, when you let the very successful volleyball coach leave who was making way less than that. It's not as if Fahey was in high demand. Who else was going to hire her? That hire is as political as it gets. Nothing more than Whitman repaying favors from his past. Cronyism. It stinks. If you pay Fahey less than what Bollant had been hired for (and I don't see why you wouldn't seeing as how Bollant actually had success at a D1 school prior to coming here) - then I'd be ok. But Fahey's getting paid way more than even Bollant made. Cronyism. It shouldn't be allowed here.

I don't have a problem with hiring Fahey. I have a problem with paying her $500,000, when you let the very successful volleyball coach leave who was making way less than that. It's not as if Fahey was in high demand. Who else was going to hire her? That hire is as political as it gets. Nothing more than Whitman repaying favors from his past. Cronyism. It stinks. If you pay Fahey less than what Bollant had been hired for (and I don't see why you wouldn't seeing as how Bollant actually had success at a D1 school prior to coming here) - then I'd be ok. But Fahey's getting paid way more than even Bollant made. Cronyism. It shouldn't be allowed here.

You really think Hamby went to Stanford because of money? LOL.

Any rebuttals?

Let's start with:

Rebuttals?

still waiting for your blog

The best purposes are intensive.

Come on, cut him some slack. When you are stalking coeds, basic English grammar isn't high on the priority list.

Welcome back, Truth! We've missed you about as much as we've missed seeing a picture of blue waffles.

Just remember, it takes a village ... not a village idiot.

We now return you to your mom's basement, already in progress.

giphy.gif

Any rebuttals?

Let's start with:

Rebuttals?

enhanced-12708-1435871231-7.png