Sign in to follow this  
Breal31

MiKyle McIntosh Transfer ISU

I don't much about this guy, but there's some talk he's about to come aboard as a fifth year transfer. 6'7" plays the 3, 2nd team all MVC, Canadian

I don't much about this guy, but there's some talk he's about to come aboard as a fifth year transfer. 6'7" plays the 3, 2nd team all MVC, Canadian

So if he's a flop we can...

blame_canada__8_bit__by_tankdempsey2012-d7rc9ig.jpg

Or they don't throw all their eggs in one basket for one player like the previous regime.

Better than Bruninga at this point with 4 years of P5 experience and avg 12 and 5 on a good team. He's leadership at this point. You take that all day long. He'll make Mclaurin look like cow dung.

I am close to saying that taking any transfers is a bad idea.

I much prefer using scholarships on players who are going to come in buy in and develop or if good enough go pro!

I guess a 5th guy is understandable but I'm still not a fan of that practice.

I am close to saying that taking any transfers is a bad idea.

I much prefer using scholarships on players who are going to come in buy in and develop or if good enough go pro!

I guess a 5th guy is understandable but I'm still not a fan of that practice.

If it's someone that has to sit out a year, it better be someone good. Bad transfers (outside of Ray Rice), were a big contributor to Groce's downfall.

This type of transfer is worth pursuing but not worth talking about,if that makes sense.

I would assume this would mean they don't think they can land Cam Johnson

We have multiple openings and McIntosh would only give up a ride for a year.

Taking a 5th year transfer center would be great for next year. If that transfer isn't a center, I'm not sure what the point is though. Really, we should be able to get someone. Not many other places where a transfer can walk into guaranteed major minutes on a P5 conference team.

We have multiple openings and McIntosh would only give up a ride for a year.

But McIntosh wouldn't come here for anything less than a starting role.

Taking a 5th year transfer center would be great for next year. If that transfer isn't a center, I'm not sure what the point is though. Really, we should be able to get someone. Not many other places where a transfer can walk into guaranteed major minutes on a P5 conference team.

They need a starting 3 as well

Except a true center is not needed to run Underwoods offense. I would be happy with a quality atheletic PF. Because the PF's do so much work there needs to be multiple to have the two in, two out rotation going. Multiple guards who can catch an shoot, who have good handles, and good court vision. One true pg at all time but always 2 others that can help get it across, run the floor, and spread the offense to allow his sets to run and create open shots or driving lanes. Also with the style of defense he runs fouls will happen so a limited roster of guards and or SF/PF is something he will recruit to keep from happening.

Atheletic, High Bball IQ, ability to create, and willingness to run and defend.

Oh yeah those players are a dime a dozen :lol:

Oh yeah those players are a dime a dozen :lol:/>/>

understood, but he has a few already, VERY FEW, in Lucas (smart, court vision, high bball IQ) Nichols (smart, atheletic, tenacious defense, can create his own shot). Frazier seems to be the type. Finke has a high Bball IQ and will work well in this offense, Black well he rebounds and will have to be taught, the rest who knows.

understood, but he has a few already, VERY FEW, in Lucas (smart, court vision, high bball IQ) Nichols (smart, atheletic, tenacious defense, can create his own shot). Frazier seems to be the type. Finke has a high Bball IQ and will work well in this offense, Black well he rebounds and will have to be taught, the rest who knows.

We need scorers, rebounders, and athletes.

Right now we are really lacking in those and Frazier and DaMonte are unknowns with decent upside, but we have a really sketchy roster overall.

They need a starting 3 as well

I'd feel way more comfortable with Kipper starting at the 3 and a true C starting at the 5 than I would feel with another wing and Black/Finke manning the 5.

Except a true center is not needed to run Underwoods offense. I would be happy with a quality atheletic PF. Because the PF's do so much work there needs to be multiple to have the two in, two out rotation going. Multiple guards who can catch an shoot, who have good handles, and good court vision. One true pg at all time but always 2 others that can help get it across, run the floor, and spread the offense to allow his sets to run and create open shots or driving lanes. Also with the style of defense he runs fouls will happen so a limited roster of guards and or SF/PF is something he will recruit to keep from happening.

We need someone who can rebound and defend against teams with a true C. We don't have that. And until we do have that, we're going to be eaten up on the boards by a lot of B10 teams who do have that. A quality athletic PF would be acceptable, if the guy can defend and rebound against larger guys. We don't even have that right now though.

Lucas

JCL

Black

Nichols

Another forward

Frazier

Another SG

Jordan

DJW

Finke

Williams?

That's what we're looking at, right? Maybe another center, too.