Sign in to follow this  
Whisox1

What are you smoking?

Put raw eggs on smoker at 225 for 1.5-2 hours. Take off and throw in bowl of ice water to make them easy to peel.

The smoke penetrates the shell and gives a lightly smoked taste to the cooked egg inside. They peel super easy. My kids are in love with them.

Aldi raised the price of eggs this week. Up to 47¢/dozen from 33¢.

I've been making a lot of egg salad this summer.

Aldi raised the price of eggs this week. Up to 47¢/dozen from 33¢.

I've been making a lot of egg salad this summer.

At the Aldi's I frequented in Dallas they were a bit more expensive, usually around .79.

Still, 3 hard boiled per work day works well for me.

Sitting on a deck in Aquinnah, Martha's Vineyard, MA, watching Sox v. Sox on NESN, listening to Farmio and DJ on laptop drinking Jack and Diet Coke and smoking a Rocky Patel, The Edge, moduro.

Sitting on a deck in Aquinnah, Martha's Vineyard, MA, watching Sox v. Sox on NESN, listening to Farmio and DJ on laptop drinking Jack and Diet Coke and smoking a Rocky Patel, The Edge, moduro.

wendys-wheres-the-beef.jpg

Diet Coke? ?

wendys-wheres-the-beef.jpg

Had steak and chicken veggie kabobs for lunch and steak nachos for dinner!

Also have the Cub game on the laptop too since they are losing.

Does that help?

Had steak and chicken veggie kabobs for lunch and steak nachos for dinner!

Also have the Cub game on the laptop too since they are losing.

Does that help?

Sounds like a well rounded day :creeper

Sounds like a well rounded day :creeper/>

A Pale Hose comeback would bring mixed emotions (rooting for draft pick)!

Rocky Patel - probably my favorite cigars. Love Gurkha, Alec Bradley, La Gloria, Ave Maria, and many more. Bourbon and cigars - one of life's best pleasures!

Just moved to South Carolina and had some Carolina whole hog barbecue at Scott's In Hemingway, SC. Man, was it good. The pulled pork comes from all over the pig so lots of different kinds of meat there. Certain bites literally melted in my mouth. Then you get ribs, which looked weird (soft, no bark) until you realize they are cooked inside the pig and then removed. They were probably the best I've had, in competition with City Market in Luling TX. Perfectly cooked where they don't fall apart but pull from the bone easily and aren't stringy.

Sides were simply beans and cole slaw, in true old school bbq fashion where the meat is the star and sides are meh. Sauce was dark brown, almost all vinegar with some pepper sauce. Grabbed a bag of homemade pork skins which were likewise awesome.

I don't even think you can compare it to Texas barbecue; they are totally different. But this was about as good as anything I'be had it Texas, just that Texas usually has a bit more variety.

Just moved to South Carolina and had some Carolina whole hog barbecue at Scott's In Hemingway, SC. Man, was it good. The pulled pork comes from all over the pig so lots of different kinds of meat there. Certain bites literally melted in my mouth. Then you get ribs, which looked weird (soft, no bark) until you realize they are cooked inside the pig and then removed. They were probably the best I've had, in competition with City Market in Luling TX. Perfectly cooked where they don't fall apart but pull from the bone easily and aren't stringy.

Sides were simply beans and cole slaw, in true old school bbq fashion where the meat is the star and sides are meh. Sauce was dark brown, almost all vinegar with some pepper sauce. Grabbed a bag of homemade pork skins which were likewise awesome.

I don't even think you can compare it to Texas barbecue; they are totally different. But this was about as good as anything I'be had it Texas, just that Texas usually has a bit more variety.

I love the Carolina-style vinegar/brown sugar/pepper sauce. If it's done right, it's the best BBQ sauce there is.

I also agree, although I've had some great sauces that are essentially vinegar pepper sauce with some mustard. I tend to not like ketchup-based sauces, probably because ketchup sucks.

I love the Carolina-style vinegar/brown sugar/pepper sauce. If it's done right, it's the best BBQ sauce there is.

east north carolina sauce is my favorite for pulled pork at least

my recipe is as follows (yeah I'm sharing)

1.5 cups apple cider vinegar

1/2 cup white vinegar

1/4 cup brown sugar

1 Tbsp molasses

1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes

1 Tbsp Tabasco or other hot sauce

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp salt

1 tsp black pepper

add to a jar or tupperware or whatever you can seal and shake

serve it right away or throw it in the fridge for a week, it winds up tasting even better over time