Sign in to follow this  
Breal31

Charlie Moore Transfer

Doesn't sound like Moore is happening. The "spin" is we have higher targets

Great news if we get one. Otherwise...

This all feels like a movie I've seen before. I just hope the ending is a little different.

Queue the we didn't want him anyway and he is being paid illegally by KU narrative.

I'm more worried about the "Underwood #$%&@!ed up by focusing on Smith, letting Moore go, and missing them both" narrative.

I'm more worried about the "Underwood #$%&@!ed up by focusing on Smith, letting Moore go, and missing them both" narrative.

I agree, I'm not worried about it because if it happens, well "Because, Illinois" but it would certainly set things back from turning the program around quickly

We've never seen that happen here. :rolleyes

I'm certainly hopeful we can nab a couple of our top targets, but if BU misses on all of them this year, it's too early to start with a "he failed to do this" narrative. It's difficult to start recruiting in March. Huge plus if he can land one or two, not a major negative mark if he doesn't. A year from now we'll have a much better feel for where we're at, and where we're headed.

LOL.

Yep.

If he's serious about the "being close to his family" thing, I don't know how he picks Kansas over Illinois.

It doesn't matter what reason he gives, but that sounds better.

I have been educated that ill family member doesn't possibly waive the sit out rule anymore so he is just bullshtting obviously.

If he really wanted to be close to home there are several P5 schools within a couple hours he could have went to.

It doesn't matter what reason he gives, but that sounds better.

I have been educated that ill family member doesn't possibly waive the sit out rule anymore so he is just bullshtting obviously.

If he really wanted to be close to home there are several P5 schools within a couple hours he could have went to.

Because there's no waiver any more, he doesn't really have a reason to BS. That is what makes me think he's at least partially serious about it.

My guess: He wanted to transfer to a B10 school close to home, Illinois was a great fit because they are close and can potentially offer him a ton of PT, and he didn't expect to get an offer as good as Kansas. Now he has to consider whether it's more important to be close to home or to play for Kansas.

Because there's no waiver any more, he doesn't really have a reason to BS. That is what makes me think he's at least partially serious about it.

My guess: He wanted to transfer to a B10 school close to home, Illinois was a great fit because they are close and can potentially offer him a ton of PT, and he didn't expect to get an offer as good as Kansas. Now he has to consider whether it's more important to be close to home or to play for Kansas.

Could be. If he was smart he would realize this is more about Kansas keeping the Chicago train going and not allowing Illinois to get off the mat.

They will recruit over this kid easily.

He is decent little player, but not really good enough to be a main guy there.

Could be. If he was smart he would realize this is more about Kansas keeping the Chicago train going and not allowing Illinois to get off the mat.

They will recruit over this kid easily.

He is decent little player, but not really good enough to be a main guy there.

Definite possibility, but I'm sure the same was said about Frank mason. Strong selling point for Kansas.

Definite possibility, but I'm sure the same was said about Frank mason. Strong selling point for Kansas.

Mason turned out to be a helluva player for sure and yeah they will point to him as a model.

I'm certainly hopeful we can nab a couple of our top targets, but if BU misses on all of them this year, it's too early to start with a "he failed to do this" narrative. It's difficult to start recruiting in March. Huge plus if he can land one or two, not a major negative mark if he doesn't. A year from now we'll have a much better feel for where we're at, and where we're headed.

I hope BU is mainly focused on 2018, 2019 and 2020 IL kids!

Moore....to kansas. I guess it's closer to chicago than Cali...but still...not as close as illinois.

I actually am cool with this.Not that he couldn't have helped here, but

I guess I have never been that crazy about his game, even though he can do some things.

I think if we get Smith, and Frazier can score some, and Lucas develops as he should we are in decent shape.

Of course we get DaMonte back in 2018 also.

Moore to KU will only really hurt if Smith goes to MSU. I'd prefer Smith, but obviously would even moreso prefer one of the two of them.

I agree with this. Prefer Smith, but man it'll hurt if we lose both of them.

Now we just pray it's because Smith is coming to Illinois??

I think it has more to do with Ayo than Smith. They think they are getting him, and they don't have room for both guys

I think it has more to do with Ayo than Smith. They think they are getting him, and they don't have room for both guys

Works for me. I'd rather have Ayo or Smith 10X over Moore.