Sign in to follow this  
jasn88cubs

sweet 16 games

Miss the ft and Florida gets a half court shot at best.

Right

Like...I literally see zero advantage to the second FT because most likely all they get is a 3 and you lose anyways?

How do they not know this?

Miss the ft and Florida gets a half court shot at best.

They had 4+ seconds. Tyus Edney (sp?) brought a ball up the length of the court for a layup in 3 seconds.

Florida was there 3 years ago.

Yeah, I knew that would get me. I tried putting the "guaranteed to make the FF" in hoping to cover my @ss but admittedly it did not. :lol:

They had 4+ seconds. Tyus Edney (sp?) brought a ball up the length of the court for a layup in 3 seconds.

Vette... there has to be a rebound and a pass. That's 2 seconds before they have even really advanced the ball. This is a no brainer. Gard totally blew it.

Vette... there has to be a rebound and a pass. That's 2 seconds before they have even really advanced the ball. This is a no brainer. Gard totally blew it.

It takes more time to dribble the length of the court than it does to pass it up the floor. I think they had plenty of time either way.

It takes more time to dribble the length of the court than it does to pass it up the floor. I think they had plenty of time either way.

Incorrect. You miss that free throw there 1000 out of 1000 times.

It really just depends on the play. With a missed free throw, the ball could not be gathered cleanly right away or an offensive rebound, then game over. Also, when rebounded, you have to start the ball upcourt from a dead stop so many players may not get up to speed very quickly. When they inbounded the ball after the make, the guy was already going pretty quick so he could easily get up the court in 4 seconds. It's not a complete no-brainer but I think the edge goes to missing the free throw.

It really just depends on the play. With a missed free throw, the ball could not be gathered cleanly right away or an offensive rebound, then game over. Also, when rebounded, you have to start the ball upcourt from a dead stop so many players may not get up to speed very quickly. When they inbounded the ball after the make, the guy was already going pretty quick so he could easily get up the court in 4 seconds. It's not a complete no-brainer but I think the edge goes to missing the free throw.

No brainer. There is a damn near 0% chance you're shooting a 2 point shot on that missed ft. You don't need that extra point.

The edge goes to missing the freethrow, but I still don't think they settle for a half court shot in that scenario. They probably pull up a contested 3 from 25' out, both shots have about the same odds of going in. Even uncontested, that Florida shot was not easy. Most times that shot goes off back iron because it's a line drive with too much on it.