Sign in to follow this  
IlliniLegends

Bruce Weber/John Groce Final Post game Thread

I was thinking about this today. As much as I'd like to see the players keep playing, does this help move things along (i.e. asst. coaches hired, recruits confirming, etc.) or does it have no bearing on that?

I was thinking about this today. As much as I'd like to see the players keep playing, does this help move things along (i.e. asst. coaches hired, recruits confirming, etc.) or does it have no bearing on that?

The minute we lose the dominoes are going to fall...

I don't think it has any bearing. The one thing I wonder about is the hiring (or not) of Walker. The pluses are it might keep some recruits and could keep some continuity. The minuses could be it keeps some continuity and it could lead to some split loyalty among players. Walker might also not be a good fit for what Underwood wants to do with his staff. Hopefully it all works out for the best, ideally you'd hope for a Wayne McClain scenario but that might be the exception to the rule.

Storming the court at the NIT..... ???

Yeah, pretty lame. But man, the crowd was totally bonkers tonight. The place was rocking all game. I've lived in Orlando a long time now and I never imagined there'd ever be any enthusiasm for UCF basketball.

Yeah, pretty lame. But man, the crowd was totally bonkers tonight. The place was rocking all game. I've lived in Orlando a long time now and I never imagined there'd ever be any enthusiasm for UCF basketball.

This team's legacy: They get the opponent's crowd fired up.

What kind of promo did they have? Free tickets for students? Celebrity trophy appearance? Toothbrush holder?

100% agree. That place was going nuts!

January John was THE SLUMPBUSTER

Totally. The Beckman/Groce eras will always be marked by being the teams that were good for what ails ya.

Speaking of firing up the other team...

Since Maverick Morgan called out UM as soft and "white collar" they have been kicking ass. If they somehow win it all, they owe Morgan a ring, or at least a footnote in their championship literature!