Sign in to follow this  
IlliniLegends

Brad Underwood

Good hire. A guy who's paid his dues, worked with some top coaches, & has had success in his 1st 2 stops as HC. Will he be bringing Evans with him? Lol

For those that wanted Archie or Keatts, Underwood was those guys while at S. Austin.

This is such a massive upgrade. The only reason it's out of left field is because he wasn't on anyone's radar.

For those that wanted Archie or Keatts, Underwood was those guys while at S. Austin.

This is such a massive upgrade. The only reason it's out of left field is because he wasn't on anyone's radar.

He was on the radar last year, but then he took a different power 5 job so who thought he was on the market?

In a statement, new #Illini coach Brad Underwood said: "I always saw the Illinois coaching job as one of the truly best in the nation."

Gotta love a quote like that. Says a lot that he left the Okla St job after 1 season for us. I hope he's here for a long time.

I like this hire. I watch alot of hoops and i've been noticing this guy. My impression before any of this came about? Strong image, which is inportant to me. And something we did not have....oh well, you get my point.

I'm on the bandwagon but I want championships in the next couple to few years or I reserve the right to bail.

He was mentioned on here a few times. With all the possible candidates available, says a lot that Whitman chose him. Keep the 'cruits, sign Smith & I will be jacked for next season! Maybe he'll bring a 5th yr big with him? Lol

I feel pretty good about it too. And I feel terrible for the EMAWs. Poor suckers.

I LOVE this hire.

I'm on the bandwagon but I want championships in the next couple to few years or I reserve the right to bail.

I thought since your boytoy Geno wasn't hired, you were bailing anyway.

I have to say I admire the way Whitman has gone about cleaning up the mess that was left for him to try and fix. He has made two excellent hires no matter what the outcome may be.