Sign in to follow this  
Breal31

John Groce Firing Thread

Dave isn't the kind of guy to just make stuff up. He and I had season tickets together our senior year. 'Member starting 5 seniors and winning a share of the Big 10 title in '98?

I member! I had season tickets with this hot chick I liked

Whether it's today or not, it sounds like nearly everyone agrees it's very unlikely he is our coach next season.

The initial rumor it would be today surprised me given the BTT still going on. I would bet Monday morning.

Professional ethics don't care about John Groce.

He is tweeting about a college coach in Illinois, not national security. You are just butthurt that your bald savior may be getting the ax.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/jeff-gordon/tipsheet-groce-fails-to-make-his-case-at-illinois/article_e4d3a969-956a-5831-8437-d63715ff3492.html

From the article:

"But that was a low bar to clear, and on the court, Illinois fell short of finishing among the top five in the Big Ten, as a prominent faction of the board believed Groce needed to do."

Had not heard/read this before about the top 5 finish.

Whether it's today or not, it sounds like nearly everyone agrees it's very unlikely he is our coach next season.

The initial rumor it would be today surprised me given the BTT still going on. I would bet Monday morning.

I was thinking Monday morning to. That won't stop it leaking out before then though. I just don't see why the waiting. Might as well just get it out there and stop the rumors.

I was thinking Monday morning to. That won't stop it leaking out before then though. I just don't see why the waiting. Might as well just get it out there and stop the rumors.

The Big Ten, from what I understand, frowns on firing coaches during the conference tournament. We did it with Weber though, so who knows?

If they gave a sh!t about rumors they probably would've handled it differently to this point - fortunately, doesn't seem like they really do.

Just lol at him having his family up there

And the video after where the guy threw his illini shirt on and went to jarlings custard to say hi to bruce

I have no doubt Groce is getting fired. I personally would wait until after Selection Sunday but Josh Whitman is a high capacity leader and I trust his choice of timing.

His handling of this situation has been perfect. The Lovie hire, perfect. Josh is competent. He knows what he is doing.

Can't wait to hear all those bashing whitman for being a D3 athletic director and not firing Groce weeks ago backtrack when the announcement is made. I'll hang up and wait for the reply.

Can't wait to hear all those bashing whitman for being a D3 athletic director and not firing Groce weeks ago backtrack when the announcement is made. I'll hang up and wait for the reply.

Surely it will be, "things changed, I was right all along." It's a pretty foolproof setup, to be honest.

In a vacuum he definitely should've been fired last year. Very few people would've thought that was unfair or disappointing. Given the situation, the reasons he wasn't were real and valid IMO.

Welcome back.

I still think he should have fired him at the end of last year. I won't backtrack from that. This was a wasted season.

What took you so long?

Dave isn't the kind of guy to just make stuff up. He and I had season tickets together our senior year. 'Member starting 5 seniors and winning a share of the Big 10 title in '98?

Not alot was expected from this group as Kiwane Garris had departed. But Kevin Turner stepped up.

I'll be glad to eat crow. I just want some goddam hope for hoops. Until he makes the move I won't believe it's going to happen. I have no faith in him. Hope he proves me wrong.

Oh, for God's sake! A grown man took a job, was paid millions of dollars, and did lousy work. Yeah, I'm pretty sure he'll be okay.

If he was wise with his money, he shouldn't have to work anymore. He can just retire and read motivational books. He made millions for crying out loud.

I'm having trouble quitting you bastards.

We missed you.

It got all politically correct here when you were gone.