Sign in to follow this  
effinghamillini

Cuonzo Martin

John Groce 18-12

Cuonzo Martin 19-10

Chris Mack 18-12

Tim Jankovich 26-4

Hmmmm, who would I want to coach Illinois next year? :hmm

Hell even Scott Nagy has 20 wins in his first year at Wright State!

If Josh decided to make a change, I think Monty Williams looks mighty good if he would want this job. Pac 12 is stronger this year than in recent memory, but still. I am sure Martin could do much better recruiting at Illinois which we all know helps a ton, but I think Williams would be the better developer of talent. If Williams were to hire some connected Chicago men or other ace recruiters, I think he could be great here.

Gard is #$%&@!ting the bed at Wisconsin and the fans are getting pissed. I think that's where Tony Bennett eventually lands if he ever decides to leave Virginia. Don't think it's this off season though.

That's silly

Gard is fine. That team is just not as good as people thought. Vito Brown is having a terrible year, Hayes is underperforming. And Happs shooting/free throws are killing them. Bo's soph and jr classes suck, total busts so they have no depth

That's silly

Gard is fine. That team is just not as good as people thought. Vito Brown is having a terrible year, Hayes is underperforming. And Happs shooting/free throws are killing them. Bo's soph and jr classes suck, total busts so they have no depth

Hayes is underwhelming.

That's silly

please let me shed a tear for that program

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ok nevermind, #$%&@! wisconsin

Hayes is underwhelming.

I remember when I made the controversial statement 2 years ago that he wasn't a 1st round draft pick.

Gard is #$%&@!ting the bed at Wisconsin and the fans are getting pissed. I think that's where Tony Bennett eventually lands if he ever decides to leave Virginia. Don't think it's this off season though.

I wish our coaches would #$%&@! the bed into 11 win B1G seasons.

I remember when I made the controversial statement 2 years ago that he wasn't a 1st round draft pick.

He looks like he has the tools to be a great college player, just doesn't seem to have it.

And I recall an article in the Trib when Hayes was a soph. and some scouts thought he was going to be a better pro than Frank or Dekker. Wrong. Those guys made him better than he is. He looks disengaged at times and played like crap down the stretch last night.

Losing Koenig and Hayes to graduation and Happ more than likely going pro it's only gonna get worse next year

Happ isn't going pro after this year, he would go undrafted. That may still be true after his senior year, but he could give himself a chance by expanding his game and getting stronger.

Happ isn't going pro after this year, he would go undrafted. That may still be true after his senior year, but he could give himself a chance by expanding his game and getting stronger.

I agree Happ is not going pro unless they make deep run and he has big tourney.

Now looking unlikely.

He is really struggling from line recently and this is becoming a real issue.

He has potential to be in NBA with development of an outside shot.

He actually is pretty strong I think, but has work to do for sure.

He works out at gym here in town.

Kid has a work ethic that has always had him over achieving so who knows.

No you don't. Not with a roster like that and your a top 10 team in the country in both preseason polls.

That's pretty much our 2001-02 season which looks like a pretty good one.

That's silly

I don't get it. If Illinois' players are underperforming, it's the coach's fault, but if Wisconsin's players are underperforming, it's not Gard's fault? I'm most definitely not sold on Gard. He's got a team anchored by 4 seniors and probably the best returning sophomore in the B10, and they're pretty underwhelming. I mean, it's definitely not time for fans to run him out of town, but I wouldn't be surprised to see MASSIVE tank by Wisconsin next year. Like, 12th or 13th in the B10 tanking (that's if Happ leaves, of course).

I don't get it. If Illinois' players are underperforming, it's the coach's fault, but if Wisconsin's players are underperforming, it's not Gard's fault? I'm most definitely not sold on Gard. He's got a team anchored by 4 seniors and probably the best returning sophomore in the B10, and they're pretty underwhelming. I mean, it's definitely not time for fans to run him out of town, but I wouldn't be surprised to see MASSIVE tank by Wisconsin next year. Like, 12th or 13th in the B10 tanking.

It's completely irrational the way fans think about their program and others. Especially Illinois fans. Couldn't have said that any better myself, kudos.

I guess I've only seen him on a couple of mocks as a late 1st rounder. He may come back. The consensus seems to be he's there defensively but needs to work on his outside shot and if he can improve that that will propel him into the lottery.

He's a decent college post defender, not sure he will be able to guard the 4 position in the NBA.

I will bet you a million dollars he will never be a lottery pick.

I guess I've only seen him on a couple of mocks as a late 1st rounder. He may come back. The consensus seems to be he's there defensively but needs to work on his outside shot and if he can improve that that will propel him into the lottery.

He has high level footwork on both sides of the ball.

Great BB instincts.

And he is a total gym rat.

Will be interesting to see how he develops. My source here says he is coming back.