Sign in to follow this  
Breal31

Trent Frazier

Who wears a #$%&@!ing shirt like that on a recruiting trip

That's just amazing

No wonder our society is circling the drain

Funny you should say that.

The Frazier visit did, in fact, spawn an investigation and some NCAA violations.

http://illinireport.info/2017/04/whats-ncaas-beef-trent-frazier/

portillo-beef-and-fries.jpg

Wow. Interesting article.

BTW - The funny thing is, I don't know if Portillo's even has combos. Their ordering system is the only thing I've ever seen that competes with NCAA guidelines for unnecessarily stupid complexity. For example, you can't order a cheeseburger with ketchup, mustard, lettuce, and tomato. You have to order a cheeseburger, hold the mayo, onions, and pickle, and add mustard. That may not be the way you say it, but that's the way they write it down and communicate it. The staff has to memorize what comes on every sandwich (for example, a cheeseburger comes with lettuce, tomato, mayo, pickle, ketchup, and onion) and then figure out what to take off of it based on what you say you want on it.

I was always amazed that Screech somehow managed to miss everyone in a group high five.

I get the impression that Screech is a very, very unusual guy. He had probably never been intentionally high-fived in his life prior to that.

I know a guy who did a stand-up set with Screech a few years ago. They went out to have a few drinks afterward. The guy said Screech was saying all kinds of really weird (sometimes sick) stuff, and he kept leaving the conversation to angrily demand money from people who were snapping phone pictures of him.

BTW - The funny thing is, I don't know if Portillo's even has combos. Their ordering system is the only thing I've ever seen that competes with NCAA guidelines for unnecessarily stupid complexity. For example, you can't order a cheeseburger with ketchup, mustard, lettuce, and tomato. You have to order a cheeseburger, hold the mayo, onions, and pickle, and add mustard. That may not be the way you say it, but that's the way they write it down and communicate it. The staff has to memorize what comes on every sandwich (for example, a cheeseburger comes with lettuce, tomato, mayo, pickle, ketchup, and onion) and then figure out what to take off of it based on what you say you want on it.

ummm what about the combo beef/sausage sandwich?

Is Firehouse Subs a national chain? They do something similar. There's a big sign on the wall that tells you what's going to be on your sandwich unless you ask them to take it off.

Is Firehouse Subs a national chain? They do something similar. There's a big sign on the wall that tells you what's going to be on your sandwich unless you ask them to take it off.

Yeah it's a national chain. Each store is uniquely decorated to fit the city/town it's located in though. Good food. My favorite place for subs and whatnot in CU is Fat Sandwich Company. Amazing food!

Holy #$%&@! that's #$%&@!ing stupid. I knew the NCAA was a joke but that really gives a glimpse of the depths of the idiocy. Good piece Rob.

UNC can commit all manners of academic fraud for two decades — no problem.

Buy a kid and his family some Italian beefs and hot dogs — crackdown.

NCAA, the FIFA of American sports.