Sign in to follow this  
tizzyfor3

Commits

ESPN said that Illinois State signed a guy named Kobe Buffalomeat. He's a gigantic offensive lineman. I've never been a fan of an athlete based solely on his name before, but I kind of wish we had offered him.

That's super impressive.

Is he Native American?

Illini get a late commit from Bobby Roundtree, DE out of Florida.

Lovie took the whole caravan of defensive coaches down there last week to try and secure this one, so they clearly see something in him.

another excellent defensive end name

I love the spin people are putting on it because they just can't get enough of Lovie Smith, but sure seems like a pretty #$%&@!ing ordinary class and not exactly earth shattering considering the hype

Why is Lovie getting great praise for this class?

Because...he's Lovie Smith! And went to a Super Bowl 10 years ago !

3.5 million a year to put together a class on par with a few of Beckmans lol

I love the spin people are putting on it because they just can't get enough of Lovie Smith, but sure seems like a pretty #$%&@!ing ordinary class and not exactly earth shattering considering the hype

An ordinary class is good for Illinois.

Why is Lovie getting great praise for this class?

I agree..I don't understand why some are going gaga over this class..very ordinary..and below average for the Big Ten...and worse than Rutgers for petes sake...

vrpzk3.jpg

I agree..I don't understand why some are going gaga over this class..very ordinary..and below average for the Big Ten...and worse than Rutgers for petes sake...

vrpzk3.jpg

They are 9th on my screen...

22 signed and 3 verbals????

Four enrolled early. Only Nebraska clearly has a better class in the B1G West, and that's really who we have to compete with. Most everybody in this class had multiple power 5 offers, and we beat good programs for several of them. That has not been typical of Illinois classes in recent years.

Four enrolled early. Only Nebraska clearly has a better class in the B1G West, and that's really who we have to compete with. Most everybody in this class had multiple power 5 offers, and we beat good programs for several of them. That has not been typical of Illinois classes in recent years.

Wake me when we start competing and gaining recruits against OSU UofM, PSU, WISC.. or other established top 20 programs...otherwise..meh...

Wake me when we start competing and gaining recruits against OSU UofM, PSU, WISC.. or other established top 20 programs...otherwise..meh...

Was that your expectation for a coaching staff that has been in place less than a year?

Did you think Lovie should have been forming relationships while at Tampa Bay?

JHC, some people just like to bitch.

Yeah, the loser couldn't even beat Alabama. What's wrong with him?

Do you have any #$%&@!ing clue how recruiting works?

If you thought Lovie Smith was going to walk into this coach killing dumpster fire of program (coming off player abuse problems) and immediately start recruiting at the level of historically great programs, you're a goddamned retard. And I mean no offense to retards by comparing them to you.