scUM Gameday

Kenpom

Them: 39

Us: 71 (ISU - 50)

Line

Illinois +3

9:00 PM EST / 8:00 PM CST

BTN

Connectedness will be a key in this game.

Hmm, not so sure about that. I think this one comes down to who has the better synergy

Michigan sucks. For them to be favored by 3 on the road is a pretty bad indictment of what Vegas thinks of Illinois

I think IL wins here....despite the horrid record versus Beilein

I actually had a post removed here.

Unreal.

Let me try again.

Golly gee, we are favored to lose versus a fcking piece of sht UM team at home.

This is another Johnny Nine Lives special. Illinois wins.

Season close to over if we lose this one as it would require road win upset to make up.

I expect a win.

Both barely bubble teams. You can't win this you don't deserve to play in tourney.

Here's what is going to happen...

IL wins.

Mamador, Tizzy, Tampa, IlliniIndian, and OK then make sure you all hear about it

OK then proceeds to compare Michigan to the 60's UCLA dynasty

Wait weren't you all just blowing Beilein the other day and now all of a sudden Michigan "sucks"?

You people really set yourselves up nicely so that you can complain after the game win or lose.

They are having a down year compared to recent years... They don't 'suck' but there is ZERO reason to lose to a non-top 25 team at home if you want to make the tournament

Does anyone remember when we rarely if ever lost home games? It wasn't that long ago, #$%&@! man are we numb now?

We're 8-1 at home this year

with a loss to sucky Winthrop, and literally ONE good win

please call me when we beat anyone good at home, thanks... I'll wait for your answer at the end of conference play

Wait weren't you all just blowing Beilein the other day and now all of a sudden Michigan "sucks"?

You people really set yourselves up nicely so that you can complain after the game win or lose.

Yes, Michigan sucks. They are a late home comeback to PSU away from being 0-3. They are a jump shooting team that plays zero defense, and their wins are worse than IL

Well apparently that won't be this season because according to everyone around here the rest of the Big Ten sucks. All you can do is play who's on the schedule.

It's a 14 team conference. It has 3 ranked teams, ZERO inside the top 25. What description would you like to give the conference? It's the worst it has been in years.

Which makes it all even more embarrassing your hero still can't win enough games

Two bad teams playing bad basketball. We have home court they have a clear coaching advantage.

I'm with the others saying IL squeaks this one out. Worst thing that could happen so of course it will come to pass. #retaincoachcliche

Is Vegas trying to get a high volume betting on IL?

I don't understand how gambling works. That's why I rarely do it.

It started out at -1 and moved to -3. Seems like a trap for people to bet Michigan

I look for this to be a close game, and in close games, Home court can be a factor. I like to give the edge in close games to coaching though, esp when one coach seems to be quite a bit better then the other. Hate to say, but Michigan wins a close one, unless Abrahm and JCL shoot well.

I look for this to be a close game, and in close games, Home court can be a factor. I like to give the edge in close games to coaching though, esp when one coach seems to be quite a bit better then the other. Hate to say, but Michigan wins a close one, unless Abrahm and JCL shoot well.

Sounds good to me!

#Burnitdown

I think Beilein is a great coach and has proven it over several years. This is one of his worst teams. I wouldn't say both teams suck, but they're both in the bubble NCAA/NIT discussion.

I expect Illinois to win this game, the same way I expect Illinois to find a way to 8 conference wins. This is setting up as a tough scenario for Josh Whitman, as I think Illinois is an 18-13 team, plus or minus one game.

Beilein...excellent coach,but not getting it done recruiting. Similar to Matta.

There's a Michigan fan on here..Sven. His take is worth more than ours

Pretty sure Matta is getting it done on the 'cruitin' trail... Beilein lucked out with some Legacy players in addition to Burke then LaVert but who is his guy now?

I am going to optimistically predict a close win, even though Groce has never shown me anything to indicate he could coach the Jordan-era Bulls to victory over a good high school team coached by Beilein.

ILL.

making voyage tonight with pit stop in Joliet.

my presence will rally the team to victory and cause many coeds to get weak in the knees.

yes, I had this tape. word...turn it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=976b8TPPFJU

Have fun with the hundreds of other folks showing up at assembly hall tonight! :dance

Our chances right now for a true quality win would be Wisky at home and Purdue on the road.

We go 9-9 with no quality wins we are outside looking in unless we beat somebody in BTT and get some break in the selection bracket.

The rest of games are pretty much non factors. All just OK teams. We win some and lose some, who cares. There will be 7 or 8 teams with 8 to10 wins all clawing to get inside the bubble.

And today is a must win just like the NC State and VCU and BYU and OSU games were must wins- simply to extend the season.

Did not really put us inside the bubble safely at all. I think only VCU of those four will even make tourney.

Our KenPom is sht. Our RPI is dropping like a rock.

Our record is sht.

We need wins and we need a quality win.

Our chances right now for a true quality win would be Wisky at home and Purdue on the road.

We go 9-9 with no quality wins we are outside looking in unless we beat somebody in BTT and get some break in the selection bracket.

The rest of games are pretty much non factors. All just OK teams. We win some and lose some, who cares. There will be 7 or 8 teams with 8 to10 wins all clawing to get inside the bubble.

And today is a must win just like the NC State and VCU and BYU and OSU games were must wins- simply to extend the season.

Did not really put us inside the bubble safely at all. I think only VCU of those four will even make tourney.

Our record is sht.

Today is not a must win as they could just turn around and win at Michigan next week, technically possible at least.

Maryland and MN are both quality win opportunities along with MSU. And even NU is dangerously close to being a tournament team so you have that too.

Our record is sht.

NC State will be in the tournament, and in fact, I think they will be the best win we have so far when March comes around. I think we will need some equal or better wins to justify a tournament spot though.