Sign in to follow this  
tizzyfor3

VCU

I never post on here either but I just wanted to share another story about how Loyalty sucks. I went through the whole rigmarole of signing up, waiting for his majesty to approve my membership, waiting to be able to comment for some arbitrary reason etc...

I wanted to make a boring, say nothing loyalty post about the potential Leron Black v Mo Allie-Cox matchup. Put in 3 say nothing paragraphs about defensive quickness, playing within one's self, the will to win... all that garbage. I only put myself through it to write the final sentence "needless to say, I'm excited about the huge matchup potential of Black Cox".

Dan edited it only 8 minutes after the post. Now the post looks like i actually care/ know anything about Mo Allie-Cox. Loyalty is a steaming pile!

If this is the sort of thing you can deliver consistently you should post on here more often.

#$%&@! any site that facist mods are editing posts at

what the hell is wrong with internet moderators like this

Saw Aerch got into some heat for a similar thing recently, plus the thing on Reddit that everyone was talking about. It's weird.

Off the top of our heads, can we think of an active moderator who wasn't crazy?

Saw Aerch got into some heat for a similar thing recently, plus the thing on Reddit that everyone was talking about. It's weird.

Edit: By "active" I don't mean "current," but rather one who participates.

No, that's not why I posted that.

Lucas has shown that he can be effective at point guard, and the offense runs best through him. I want him playing 30 minutes at that position. I want Tate playing no more than 5-10.

I really don't post much on here, so not sure about where your comments are coming from about me bitching all the time. But I will say that you can pretty much go fuk yourself, you miserable piece of shyt cocksucker.

I wouldn't start Lucas. I would start Abrams and JCL in the backcourt, but I would play him 20+ minutes and I agree Tate shouldn't see much tick. If the press is bothering us, then stick Lucas in there with Tracy.

Off the top of our heads, can we think of an active moderator who wasn't crazy?

Edit: By "active" I don't mean "current," but rather one who participates.

There are a couple mods at Scout that know you shouldn't edit someone's post to say something they didn't mean. I don't know if that qualifies as not being crazy. After all, they agreed to moderate the Scout free board.

I wouldn't start Lucas. I would start Abrams and JCL in the backcourt, but I would play him 20+ minutes and I agree Tate shouldn't see much tick. If the press is bothering us, then stick Lucas in there with Tracy.

I will just say, if the press is bothering us, from everything I have seen from Groce, I would not be surprised at all.

Hopefully that 2nd half team can keep the momentum of moving the ball to get open shots/crashing the boards.

I have to be honest though if this team continues to not move the ball and stand around there is not much hope for change (unless the other team decides to just throw the ball away the entire game).

Would love to see guys attacking the rim and making the extra pass over standing dribbling or watching our low post guys dribble ten times with their head looking at the ground.

Hopefully that 2nd half team can keep the momentum of moving the ball to get open shots/crashing the boards.

I have to be honest though if this team continues to not move the ball and stand around there is not much hope for change (unless the other team decides to just throw the ball away the entire game).

Would love to see guys attacking the rim and making the extra pass over standing dribbling or watching our low post guys dribble ten times with their head looking at the ground.

Agreed, we have to move the ball like we did the 2nd half v NC St,, or we're cooked.

Apparently the line is VCU -6

That is a pretty big spread on a neutral floor. This is only real chance left for a quality win in non-conf.

BYU might become kind of one if they knock off a few teams.

That is a pretty big spread on a neutral floor. This is only real chance left for a quality win in non-conf.

BYU might become kind of one if they knock off a few teams.

USC

Weber State

Colorado

Then conference where they have both Gonzaga and St. Mary's twice.

USC

Weber State

Colorado

Then conference where they have both Gonzaga and St. Mary's twice.

Yeah, BYU will be a must win for us. Semi-Home game and OK team.

If we lose to VCU we can't also lose to BYU and be 8-5 in non conf and then go 9-9 in conf.

17-14 will not cut it. Neither will 9-4 and 9-9 (18-13) really unless we win 2 or 3 in BTT.

Really we need to win out to go 10-3 and then 19-12 looks a lot better.

We have lost almost all margin for error with the 3 game losing streak.

Kenpom:

Them: 35

Us: 83 (big move!)

Line:

Illinois +6.5

3:00 PM EST / 2:00 PM CST

CBSSN

Anyone have a handle on streaming options?

Yeah, BYU will be a must win for us. Semi-Home game and OK team.

If we lose to VCU we can't also lose to BYU and be 8-5 in non conf and then go 9-9 in conf.

17-14 will not cut it. Neither will 9-4 and 9-9 (18-13) really unless we win 2 or 3 in BTT.

Really we need to win out to go 10-3 and then 19-12 looks a lot better.

We have lost almost all margin for error with the 3 game losing streak.

The only saving grace of all of it, is that those 3 teams could all be NCAA tournament teams, but that only becomes relevant if, like you said we get to 10-3 entering conference play. Not a likely chance, but still within reasonable grasp I believe.

I still see this team struggling to get past 15 wins. If they run the table to conference play at 10-3, then who really knows. I would certainly be more optimistic, but as I see it we are just too slow of a team. They need Te'Jon to grow up in a hurry to have any shot of them touching 9-9 in the Big Ten. He certainly has the most quickness of any of our guards and at times seems to be showing solid potential versus what we have been accustom to in the past. The pressure he will face today will be a good barometer as to where he falls on the learning curve.

I just realized we have no true road games in the non conference schedule. Almost wish this one was at VCU just to get a hostile environment under our belt before the Big Ten season. opening up @ Maryland followed by @ Indiana is gonna be a difficult adjustment when you are used to playing in front of half empty home and neutral courts

Most experienced roster in the land. Should be fine.

I just realized we have no true road games in the non conference schedule. Almost wish this one was at VCU just to get a hostile environment under our belt before the Big Ten season. opening up @ Maryland followed by @ Indiana is gonna be a difficult adjustment when you are used to playing in front of half empty home and neutral courts

I agree with you somewhat, but I'm afraid if we played somewhere like that this year, it would look like the WVU game. With Abrams and Black needing to get up to game speed again, and Lucas learning the college game, maybe this type of schedule is better for us at this time.

Apparently the line is VCU -6

I was more or less confident on Tuesday v NCST. I am not confident today. In short, we're slow,and don't handle pressure well. They're quick and will put a lot of pressure on us.

Anyone have a handle on streaming options?

Nothing legal, may want to check some of the dodgey sites like firstrow, etc.

The La Tech / Western Kentucky C-USA Championship game is highly entertaining right now at 24-31 only midway through the 2nd Q. Teams on pace to finish the game over 150 combined points.

Predictions? Final score? What will the starting lineup be? I'll go with Tate, Abrams, Hill, Finke, Mav on the latter. Should be Abrams/TJL, JCL, Hill, Black, Thorne.