Sign in to follow this  
pizzaman

Leadership?

I've not heard anything about team/player leadership? Randle is the captain (I think.) Is he the guy? Chester? Pruitt?

Rather than wild speculation from TV (I can do that), I think you need to be around the team and at least see some practice or games to determine if someone is leading. Anybody know?

On the BTN last week Pruitt had a long interview in which he said that he was expected to step and take over as a leader. I took it to mean the staff expected him to do this. He admitted that he had to do it and that he was working hard to talk to younger guys and work harder to show the players what was expected, etc. Does that mean he IS the leader? Tough to say. Leadership is usually something you have or don't have. It is tough to "develop" into a leader as a Senior. I will say that Shaun did a great job during the interview and sounded more authoritative than in any interview (few that I have heard) in the past. He did sound like a guy on a mission this year, fwiw.

It has to be Frazier on the court. Off the court I have no idea who the players are who are driving their teammates.

Pruitt is certain (in opinion) to be drafted by the NBA, so I'm sure he has instant respect form his teammates.

Randle may know the systems (offense, defense) better than anyone, and may be the best teacher. He's contributed to the team longer than Pruitt or Frazier have.

Frazier is the guts of the team, getting as much or more from his talent as anyone. He's tough, too. He's also an upper classman this year, which gives him some authority.

Which teammate contributes most in the conditioning program (on and off season)? Who encourages them? Who is the most unselfish?

Hard to tell, unless you can watch them train and practice for a while.