Sign in to follow this  
IlliniVette

MSU postgame

We played better than about 90% of this board thought we would.

True. It's just frusterating when we essentially let one player beat us. We absolutley could not stop Lucas and we couldn't score down the stretch.

Well, once again we don't finish strong.

No, no we did not. I for one am sick of this and cannot wait for our seniors to leave. Seriously, the scout board is right.

Seniors: 15-32; 38 points

Non-seniors: 7-26; 19 points

But the most important statistic? The loss. Good riddance.

Edit: I realize people are probably a little emotional right now, so set your sarcasm detector appropriately for the above.

Coach definitely out of his league. How and why does Cole see PT

Hard to win when you play two guys so many minutes and they go scoreless. I'm anxious to see how many minutes those two guys played tonight.

Looks like we will lose by 4 points. Which is a lot closer than the joke of a thread that velocity made.

Quote Bilas: "We are a long way from moral victories now. These teams need actual W's."

GMAFB with your "lot closer than we thought" comment.

This Michigan State team tonight was in the same category of IU when we lost there. Oh, NU won there earlier.

Quote Bilas: "We are a long way from moral victories now. These teams need actual W's."

GMAFB with your "lot closer than we thought" comment.

This Michigan State team tonight was in the same category of IU when we lost there. Oh, NU won there earlier.

We are now one bad loss away from the NIT. We have two chances for that bad loss. Piece of crap.

Well, I liked the effort. The difference tonight, as has often been the case this year, is missed opportunities. We missed a ton of bunnies and open jumpers. Lucas made a lot of tough shots. There isn't much to be discouraged by. MSU's still a decent team and we were on the road.

really good game by the illini. A string of come to be expect bad calls at the end of the game was the difference. over and back no call, MSU player throwing the ball out of bounds on the rebound missed call to name a few. Paul getting pounded on the drive no call "they are just letting them play" followed by touch foul on the other end. The usual Big Ten joke of officiating.

A few missed placed calls in a row is enough to sway the outcome of the game and if it would have gotten any closer I bet there would have been a few more.

Good game guys keep bringing that effort.

Frustrating loss.

This is one of those games where I wish Bruce would have played a 2-3 zone and forced another player besides Lucas to beat us.

I can see it now. We're going to go 9-9 in the conference and play Michigan State in the #4-#5 game in the Big Ten tournament, and we will lose. And then we'll be sweating it out again for an NCAA tournament berth. Thanks Bruce! :cuss

Our team is a bunch of chokers, our interior defense sucks and our coach is out of his league.

Interior D sucked??????? Are you kidding me? We haven't guarded on the perimeter all year. That is where everything breaks down.

We are now one bad loss away from the NIT. We have two chances for that bad loss. Piece of crap.

Could we really lose at home to Iowa or IU? My goodness that would be a disaster.

Well, I liked the effort. The difference tonight, as has often been the case this year, is missed opportunities. We missed a ton of bunnies and open jumpers. Lucas made a lot of tough shots. There isn't much to be discouraged by. MSU's still a decent team and we were on the road.

Once again they blow a golden opportunity. Dramond Green was less than 50%. Roe was non existent. Summers was nothing. Two of their best from last year are not even on the team. Crap.

Looks like we will lose by 4 points. Which is a lot closer than the joke of a thread that velocity made.

Joke of a thread? MSU was favored by 2.5 and they won by 4 because Illinois scored a few buckets at the end of the game. You must be mad because you didn't follow my betting advice. Next time brah!