Sign in to follow this  
TheRevRPJ43

Illinois vs. Stony Brook

I don't care if Davis scores 40 on 10-ft jumpers, I'm really tiring of watching him just hand the ball to the other team. I've never seen a player more careless with the ball after receiving a pass.

Dmac with a fadeway as time expires.

38-36 us

I love ILL I was an alumni and would never rout against us but if I were at home watching this as a college bball game I would be jumping out of my chair routing for Stony Brook because they clearly want it more, good thing we got some of the best talent in the country and maybe just maybe we can pull this thing out

Other than our carelessness with the ball, I thought that was pretty high level bball for an NIT game.

Cut the TO's in half and we'll win by 10.

Why don't you go back and read that post again and let it sink in.

Then see if you want to revise it.

The first 5 minutes of the 2nd half are crucial.

We need to control the tempo, limit turnovers and get the ball to our bigs.

The longer we let them stay in this game, the more emboldened they will become.

It would be nice if we would start defending as well.

I love ILL I was an alumni and would never rout against us but if I were at home watching this as a college bball game I would be jumping out of my chair routing for Stony Brook because they clearly want it more, good thing we got some of the best talent in the country and maybe just maybe we can pull this thing out

We've had 5 different guys on the floor and they 'clearly want it more.'

Hilarious.

We just need to value the ball better.

Wait.....we were never down by at least 10 that half.

Started the game down 7-0. Well on our way. We still have the 2nd half. I don't doubt this team's ability to go into an offensive shell for 7+ minutes and be down 10+ in the 2nd half.

Bad guys = 12

Good guys = 11

That is weak. These guys are midgets.

The last offensive position for SB really ticked me off. No one helps out (or calls out) on the obvious screen, telegraphed well in advance, and Dmac loses his guy. Then no one in white is anywhere near the ball for the rebound.

And winning by 2 against a community college. In the NIT.

This season keeps getting better and better.

It's unreal. I'd love to be in that gym though. That place sounds like an awesome atmosphere.

We've had 5 different guys on the floor and they 'clearly want it more.'

Hilarious.

We just need to value the ball better.

your telling me watching guys run away from possible offensive rebounds when you are 6 inches taller than the other guy that you want it, give me a break cause you see 3 guys dive on the floor for one loose ball does not mean you want it more. They are going for steals and banging against guys in some cases a foot taller and you are telling me we want it more. Give me a break man

Started the game down 7-0. Well on our way. We still have the 2nd half. I don't doubt this team's ability to go into an offensive shell for 7+ minutes and be down 10+ in the 2nd half.

Second half doesn't matter.

You said we'd be down by 10+ sometime in the first half.

This team doesn't have the size to shut us down for an extended period. Limit turnovers and we win by 10.

your telling me watching guys run away from possible offensive rebounds when you are 6 inches taller than the other guy that you want it, give me a break cause you see 3 guys dive on the floor for one loose ball does not mean you want it more. They are going for steals and banging against guys in some cases a foot taller and you are telling me we want it more. Give me a break man

Lack of effort isn't a problem tonight.

No matter how much you wish it to be so.

And winning by 2 against a community college. In the NIT.

This season keeps getting better and better.

Pretty awesome.

We have to shoot well to win because we sure as hell aren't gonna take it anywhere near the hoop.

I'm reminded of the tOSU overtimes. The Buckeyes' only plan was to take it to the hoop. Meanwhile, we have to execute and shoot flawlessly to stay in it.