Sign in to follow this  
simsportsworld

Illinois Vs Missou

Somebody said Paul was limping when he went off the first time.

Playing better now, but Missouri still seems to be controlling the pace, and getting a lot of easy shots.

Vanderbilt and Clemson must've been terrible. This is not a good team. We should be killing a team like Missouri. Seems to me we thought the freshmen would be saviors and this team would awesome b/c it would heal our woes with the football team. Not the case apparently.

Well Vanderbilt is pretty terrible. Clemson is good.

It's a good thing that Missouri is tiny and we're controlling the boards, because if we weren't we would have no chance in this game. But we are kicking their butts on the boards.

Let's call a spade a spade. The freshmen are both terrible. Neither one should've been ranked top 100. Mike Davis is terrible.

Let's just throw them under the bus, shall we? DJ and Brandon are freshmen, and they will play like it on occasion. Paul made a couple nice plays to end the half. DJ scored some points. As did MD. Overall play should have been better. Mizzou doesn't look that great to me.

Let's just throw them under the bus, shall we? DJ and Brandon are freshmen, and they will play like it on occasion. Paul made a couple nice plays to end the half. DJ scored some points. As did MD. Overall play should have been better. Mizzou doesn't look that great to me.

I'll cut the freshmen some slack (how many games are we going to cut them slack? 20 games in?), but Mike Davis has no excuse for the way he is playing. His play alone has led to like 15 pts for Mizzou, and he puts his head down and half ass jogs back down court when he turns the ball over, etc.

You guys wanted Tis to rebound--he is. Yeah, Davis is so terrible he will have another double-double.

Bruce, it is time for the zone. We can't recover when they penetrate and kick out. When we break the press attack the basket. We were in the one and one early.

Very good point on attacking after breaking the press. That is what you are supposed to do. When you break the press, you have to punish it, by taking it all the way to the bucket. Instead, we are breaking the press, pushing it up court, and then pulling it back out to run our half-court sets, even when we have the advantage. That is poor coaching.

I keep hoping that the light will come on for Alex when he enters the game. The kid has the ability, he just can not seem to get it going. Plays lost, stupid passes, timid..... we could really use him this year. Damn!

I keep hoping that the light will come on for Alex when he enters the game. The kid has the ability, he just can not seem to get it going. Plays lost, stupid passes, timid..... we could really use him this year. Damn!

At this point in time, he is clearly overmatched. It appears the game is going way too fast for him.

The problem with Davis shooting those mid-range jumpshots is, when he misses, we have absolutely NO REBOUNDING AT ALL. But if we are able to regain our composure and create some open threes/get Tiz involved offensively, I say we come back in this one.

At HT we led the rebounding battle 21-11