Guest kzimmer001
Charest playing like a freshman today

Teams had a chance to game plan him. Is this surprising?

If anyone just watched NU score before half, it's clear to see who the better team is. Illinois is not good, which we knew, but you hoped we could play better.

Everything that's maddening about this team was encapsulated in the final minute of the first half. Just astonishing. So much for Charest being the answer. And yeah, I agree about Benn. I've never seen so little produced by an athlete who is supposedly so gifted. At some point the excuses have to stop.

I'm not convinced NU is the better team. Better coached, definitely. But this game is entirely winnable. Given the stakes and the opportunities Illinois has had, losing this would be the worst defeat of the year.

Guest kzimmer001
I'm not convinced NU is the better team.

Right. Illinois would look better at the combine.

Guest kzimmer001

Another proud day for Illinois football.

I was hoping Illinois would play well, now I hope nobody comes for the Fresno game.

Can someone tell me how Ron Guenther claims to care about the Illinois football program, but keep a clown like Zook on the sidelines? Zook is basically stealing unearned money.

Just another typical game where the Illinois football coaches get outcoached. Has it been 5 quarters now since we've scored a touchdown?

I think I said it pretty well earlier this week when I said Pat Fitzgerald plays chess while Zook plays checkers when it comes to coaching.

NW may not have the greatest talent, but Fitzgerald gets the absolute most out of his team. I'd give a lot to have him coach Illinois.