25-9 through 9 minutes of play. Freshmen look great. Everybody getting PT, including Semrau and Billy Cole. Brandon Paul with 11 and looking like a complete stud.

Lost some rhythm but still up 25. 4 minutes or so left in 1st half. DMac with athletic move to the basket but rejected by the rim (going over another guy). Paul cooling off but still looks great. Mike Davis, quietly having a decent game.

I hope SIUE is not terrible, because we look awesome.

Announcer just said that they were 10-20 last year and 2-14 on the road. Don't think they are world beaters but then nobody in the Big 10 is playing UNC right out the gate.

It's nice to see people getting tick, but I wouldn't mind less personnel changes. Defensively we look good. Offensively, not as good the 2nd ten minutes but we have 47! This team will be fun to watch. It's nice to see a fast break, and this team will be able to kill you different ways, with multiple players. Should be a really fun season!

The Illini look good... REALLY good. Everyone is playing well. The team looks fast, athletic, confident and it looks like they all really like each other. You can tell that they are having fun out there.

I know that it is SIUE, but there are too many games when we would play down to our competition. I love everything that I'm seeing. This is a really entertaining team and it should be a fun year!