Sign in to follow this  
ILLINI2009

ohio state

The defense played a lot better this week. Maybe it was weather--because most of our problems are with pass defense--but I'm encouraged at the lack of blown coverages and the way we held Ohio St. down for much of the game. If our offense was doing its part this would have been a game.

On the downside, the offense could not be any worse. Juice has two picks, including one early that changed the game--plus he's on target with only one of every two throws. McGee comes in and throws an INT that is nowhere near a receiver. At this point I'd like to see what Charest can do because I don't think either Juice or McGee can take us to a bowl.

I'm trying to think what's the difference between now and 2007...

Did Mendenhall and Leman really make that big of a difference?

Was it 100 percent a fluke?

Or was the big 10 that crappy that year? I mean, Boeckman (s/p?) was OSU's qb then. That guy sucked pretty bad. After all, they benched him for Pryor.

And what's worse, expect the most senile announcers the networks have to offer to be calling our games the rest of the way.

You have to be senile or drunk to watch this crap!

You have to wonder if after the game there is just a collective "we are bad at football" thought amongst the team

The thought never entered their minds last season, so i'm guessing that won't happen. I'm also hoping that won't happen because unlike Mizzou effort was not an issue today.

I'm trying to think what's the difference between now and 2007...

Did Mendenhall and Leman really make that big of a difference?

Was it 100 percent a fluke?

Or was the big 10 that crappy that year? I mean, Boeckman (s/p?) was OSU's qb then. That guy sucked pretty bad. After all, they benched him for Pryor.

All of the above...All the stars in the universe aligned for us that season...

This offensive coordinator is the worst in history. Zook is also stupid.

Juice has a cannon for an arm, and mush for brains. He can't pick from five receivers to throw from in 3 seconds. Instead, KEEP TWO BACKS IN TO HELP BLOCK, roll Juice to give him 5 or 6 seconds, send our AA receivers down field, and let Juice use his arm and brains the way God meant them to be used.

Juice is not Fran Tarkenton or Joe Montana with the creativity or smarts to deal with blitzes any other way.

p.s.- Our defense wasn't as bad as they could have been since Pryor isn't much of a thrower.

I hate our coaching staff. I also hate Ron Gunther because the last 15 years of Illinois football has just been an embarassment with three exceptions (and two of those ended up with us getting blowed out of BCS bowls).