IlliniHQ Forums: Follow Mark Alstork - IlliniHQ Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Follow Mark Alstork Click it

#1 User is offline   rob mccolley 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 14-April 11

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:33 AM

http://illinireport..../alstork-10000/

I guess there's been a debate about whether Student-Athletes want your attention, interaction, etc.

This one certainly does.
0

#2 User is offline   Breal31 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 08-March 10

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:50 AM

Curios to see how this plays out. Mid major transfer with unrealistic (to me) NBA dreams has to find the balance between helping himself versus the team goals....all while taking a major leap in competition. This has potential to end very badly...although I've heard good things from people watching practice
0

#3 User is offline   ILLove1997 

  • "Ex-Oracle of HQ"
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 21-February 12

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:27 AM

spend less time on social media and more time in the gym... worked out pretty well for Jimmy Butler
0

#4 User is offline   rob mccolley 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 14-April 11

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:52 AM

Fletch says he arrived in top form.
0

#5 User is offline   Never trust a custard fart 

  • FUBW
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 21-December 12

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:01 AM

He worked his ass off this summer
0

#6 User is offline   brs7 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 01-March 10

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:23 AM

I'm ok with the guy at this point, but from what i see in the film and the stats, he's going to have to rein in his 2 pt. game.
He was barely above 40% with 8 or 9 2 pt attempts per game last year, and that could get ugly at this level.

I love guys who can operate inside the arc, and he has every move in the book, but the new competition and seemingly the new system may not accomodate last year's approach. Give up the ball and defend, and plenty of points should come his way. This is a great opportunity for him to show he can grow and adapt, not so much have a gaudy scoring average.
0

#7 User is offline   JudgeJudy 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 24-February 12

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:33 AM

 brs7, on 13 September 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

I'm ok with the guy at this point, but from what i see in the film and the stats, he's going to have to rein in his 2 pt. game.
He was barely above 40% with 8 or 9 2 pt attempts per game last year, and that could get ugly at this level.

I love guys who can operate inside the arc, and he has every move in the book, but the new competition and seemingly the new system may not accomodate last year's approach. Give up the ball and defend, and plenty of points should come his way. This is a great opportunity for him to show he can grow and adapt, not so much have a gaudy scoring average.


Agreed, good analysis. I think a lot of players trying to get to the next level believe they need to have those gaudy numbers. While numbers are good, there's more to the game. Being a good team player, fitting in a system, efficiency, and attitude are other things the NBA looks at.
0

#8 User is offline   spark mandrill 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 24-December 09

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:37 AM

I'm hopeful that Underwood's system will help Alstork like it did Carroll. He went from 41/33/70 in the last year of Ford to 54/44/80 last year.
0

#9 User is offline   JudgeJudy 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 24-February 12

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:52 AM

 spark mandrill, on 13 September 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

I'm hopeful that Underwood's system will help Alstork like it did Carroll. He went from 41/33/70 in the last year of Ford to 54/44/80 last year.


If that happens, we will definitely and safely be in the NCAA tournament. Would love for that to happen.
0

#10 User is offline   spark mandrill 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 24-December 09

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:56 AM

I don't think that's necessarily true but it'd certainly go a long, long way.
0

#11 User is offline   JudgeJudy 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 24-February 12

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:57 AM

 spark mandrill, on 13 September 2017 - 09:56 AM, said:

I don't think that's necessarily true but it'd certainly go a long, long way.


Of course you're not gonna agree with that.....wouldn't expect anything different.
0

#12 User is offline   spark mandrill 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 24-December 09

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

Yeah, I tend to disagree when people predict things in absolutes.

Like I said, it'd certainly go a long long way.
0

#13 User is offline   PeoriaSteve 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 01-August 08

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:50 PM

View PostBreal31, on 12 September 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

Curios to see how this plays out. Mid major transfer with unrealistic (to me) NBA dreams has to find the balance between helping himself versus the team goals....all while taking a major leap in competition. This has potential to end very badly...although I've heard good things from people watching practice


I'd say it also has the potential to end very well. A rising tide raises all boats, although that's probably a bad thing to say now.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic