IlliniHQ Forums: Game of Thrones: Final Season - IlliniHQ Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Game of Thrones: Final Season

#1 User is offline   Tempo34 

• Group: Members

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:40 PM

Wow, yesterday was fantastic. As great as the battle scene was, Arya stole the show. She's been my favorite character (along with Tyrion) since the first episode of season 1. Feel free to share your theories here.

#2 User is offline   ILLove1997 

• "Ex-Oracle of HQ"

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:46 PM

I'm on book 4, thanks for ruining it

#3 User is offline   Tempo34 

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:47 PM

View PostILLove1997, on 07 August 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Yes, Arya "stealing the show" is quite the spoiler.

#4 User is offline   MiniDitka 

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:53 PM

Last night's episode was one of the best ever. Awesome battle scenes, Arya was great, and it was funnier than probably any episode they have ever had (Davos was on a roll).

To me, it looks like they are setting up a Jon/Dany marriage. It seems to be the only solution to Dany ruling the North that doesn't involve war, and Davos seems to think Jon "likes" her. It would also settle the issue of who is the rightful heir if Jon's true parentage is revealed. Given this show's history though, I wouldn't be surprised if that's a red herring.

It also looks like they are setting up a major problem for Tyrion (maybe even a betrayal), because Jaime is likely going to be taken prisoner, and Jaime is the one member of Tyrion's family that he actually loves.

Finally, I think that Jaime is ultimately going to be the one who kills Cersei. She's so convinced that Tyrion is going to do it because of her prophecy, but I think it will be Jaime.

#5 User is offline   MiniDitka 

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:54 PM

View PostILLove1997, on 07 August 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

I hope you're joking. Don't read stuff that you know is about the show (which is ahead of all of the books) if you don't want to know spoilers.

#6 User is offline   superscal23 

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:22 PM

Great episode, but I was slightly disappointed that Jamie, Bronn, and Drogon all survived the battle. There was a time when this was the show where the characters you assumed weren't going to die actually did die.

#7 User is online   orangekrush117 

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:05 PM

Awesome episode last night. Arya is great as always. It's about time Dany used her dragons, but it did come at a cost. Also, this isn't the last season, just FYI.

#8 User is offline   Tempo34 

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:05 AM

Jamie being the one to kill Cersei seems to be the most consensus fan theory out there. I believe it will happen, too. He's already known as the "Kingslayer," would make sense if he hit the quinela here.

Agreed, that the battle scene seems to end a little too today by GoT standards. There's plenty of time to kill off a couple of these characters, though. This past episode was as fan friendly as any you will see. I'm about half convinced Dany gets killed off.

#9 User is offline   Tempo34 

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:08 AM

It was cool to see a dragon doing his thing. CGI effects were pretty solid. Apparently stop, drop, and roll wasn't taught in Westerosi schools. Perhaps could have mitigated some of the damage. The Calvary horseback charge by the Dothraki was pretty awesome.

It's going to be awesome to see the dragons go off on the white walkers.

#10 User is offline   MiniDitka 

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:59 AM

View PostTempo34, on 08 August 2017 - 07:05 AM, said:

Jamie being the one to kill Cersei seems to be the most consensus fan theory out there. I believe it will happen, too. He's already known as the "Kingslayer," would make sense if he hit the quinela here.

Agreed, that the battle scene seems to end a little too today by GoT standards. There's plenty of time to kill off a couple of these characters, though. This past episode was as fan friendly as any you will see. I'm about half convinced Dany gets killed off.

If there's one pattern I see when it comes to who gets killed off in the books/movies, it seems to often be people who don't learn from their mistakes, and people who don't pay enough attention to the consequences of their actions. This makes me think that Dany, Jon, Jaime (if he survived his latest mistake), and Sansa are the safest characters for the time being. I would tentatively put Tyrion in that group too, except I think that if Jaime gets taken prisoner, Tyrion might make some emotional decisions that will cost him. I would also ordinarily put Littlefinger in that group, but I think he's reached a point where he can no longer manipulate others to advance himself any further. If he's content being where he is, he'll be fine. If he tries to do anything to further advance himself, he's going to bite it.

#11 User is offline   ItascaIllini 

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:41 PM

View PostTempo34, on 08 August 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

It was cool to see a dragon doing his thing. CGI effects were pretty solid. Apparently stop, drop, and roll wasn't taught in Westerosi schools. Perhaps could have mitigated some of the damage. The Calvary horseback charge by the Dothraki was pretty awesome.

It's going to be awesome to see the dragons go off on the white walkers.

I have a feeling one of the dragons will go down north of the wall somehow and come back as an ice dragon.

#12 User is offline   ILLove1997 

• "Ex-Oracle of HQ"

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:19 PM

View PostTempo34, on 07 August 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

Yes, Arya "stealing the show" is quite the spoiler.

well, she's apparently alive, so yeah... thanks jerk!

(this is big sarcasm in case you can't tell)

#13 User is offline   Tempo34 

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:32 PM

View PostItascaIllini, on 08 August 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

I have a feeling one of the dragons will go down north of the wall somehow and come back as an ice dragon.

Oooohhh, hadn't considered that. That would be interesting.

Dany's head has gotten too big. I think her entitlement and desperation have a good chance of getting her killed.

#14 User is offline   superscal23 

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

View PostItascaIllini, on 08 August 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

I mean, it would be a pretty big failure on the show's part to not have a zombie dragon at some point.

#15 User is offline   TheRealBartman 

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:53 PM

You guys are a bunch of nerds! You probably get your dates on farmers.com!

#16 User is online   IlliniVette 

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:57 PM

View PostTheRealBartman, on 08 August 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

Probably play Dungeons and Dragons too.

#17 User is offline   illinicalvin 

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:58 PM

http://www.soulgeek.com/

#18 User is online   IlliniVette 

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:01 PM

View Postillinicalvin, on 08 August 2017 - 10:58 PM, said:

Do they have a catchy jingle?

#19 User is offline   Passiveagressiveman 

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:17 PM

Isn't it "farmersonly.com"? Big fan of the chunky chicks in shorts with cowboy boots holding red Solo cups in the ads.

#20 User is online   IlliniVette 

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:23 PM

View PostPassiveagressiveman, on 08 August 2017 - 11:17 PM, said:

Isn't it "farmersonly.com"? Big fan of the chunky chicks in shorts with cowboy boots holding red Solo cups in the ads.

Did someone say chunky chicks with red solo cups?
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic