IlliniHQ Forums: Illinihq.com - IlliniHQ Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Illinihq.com

#1 User is offline   Grapeape 

• Group: Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Why is there a countdown to selection Sunday on the home page for illinihq.com, and why does the description read like this:
"Are you looking to discuss Bruce Weber and his Fighting Illini as they look to return to the NCAA Tournament and the top of the Big Ten? If so, this is the place for you."
Are they just messing with us at this point or what?

#2 User is offline   JudgeJudy 

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

View PostGrapeape, on 25 February 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

Why is there a countdown to selection Sunday on the home page for illinihq.com, and why does the description read like this:
"Are you looking to discuss Bruce Weber and his Fighting Illini as they look to return to the NCAA Tournament and the top of the Big Ten? If so, this is the place for you."
Are they just messing with us at this point or what?

Just a bunch of politically correct BS. This is the stuff that coaches, papers, etc.. do and say. It's one of the reasons I like boards like this because we can actually speak the truth on things and don't have to worry about being fired or criticized publicly for it.

#3 User is offline   Grapeape 

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

View PostJudgeJudy, on 25 February 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

Just a bunch of politically correct BS. This is the stuff that coaches, papers, etc.. do and say. It's one of the reasons I like boards like this because we can actually speak the truth on things and don't have to worry about being fired or criticized publicly for it.

Only 15 days, 4 hours, 3 minutes and 32 seconds until I get to see if we made the NIT, woohoo!

#4 User is offline   JudgeJudy 

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostGrapeape, on 25 February 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

Only 15 days, 4 hours, 3 minutes and 32 seconds until I get to see if we made the NIT, woohoo!

Nah, only 15 days, 4 hours, 3 minutes and 32 seconds until we fire Weber! So yeah, I'm actually looking forward to Selection Sunday cuz its the day we get Smart :D

#5 User is offline   Nate Mast Clone #5 

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

View PostJudgeJudy, on 25 February 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

Nah, only 15 days, 4 hours, 3 minutes and 32 seconds until we fire Weber! So yeah, I'm actually looking forward to Selection Sunday cuz its the day we get Smart :D

I am still holding out hope THE PRESS CONFEERENCE is Monday, March 5th, before the BTT. Don't make me wait another week....

#6 User is offline   JudgeJudy 

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostNate Mast Clone #5, on 25 February 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

I am still holding out hope THE PRESS CONFEERENCE is Monday, March 5th, before the BTT. Don't make me wait another week....

Amen

#7 User is offline   Grapeape 

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostJudgeJudy, on 25 February 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

Amen

Remember when we used to watch the Illini play in the B10 championship game, and then wait happily to analyze our seed in the Big Dance, ah those were the days.

#8 User is offline   RobinsonIllini 

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

That Bruce Weber bit has been there since October. Maybe if you paid attention before January 29th, 2012 you wouldn't complain.

As for selection Sunday, it doesn't matter if the Illini make it. It is the start of the greatest post-season tournament in the history of sports.

#9 User is offline   Grapeape 

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostRobinsonIllini, on 25 February 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

That Bruce Weber bit has been there since October. Maybe if you paid attention before January 29th, 2012 you wouldn't complain.

As for selection Sunday, it doesn't matter if the Illini make it. It is the start of the greatest post-season tournament in the history of sports.

My point is it's been time to remove both for awhile now, and I'm sorry, the tournament doesn't really do it for me if the Illini aren't in it. Enjoy rooting for Coach K and Cal, maybe he'll finally get his first championship with his Illinois star.

#10 User is offline   RobinsonIllini 

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

Guess it would be more than Bruce Weber can do with his Illinois stars. BTW go to the game thread forum and let me know if you think that have had plenty of time to fix their headlines.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic